Body armour

Does my ass look big in these?
daveuprite

Re: Body armour

Post by daveuprite »

Teflon Jnr wrote: โ†‘Thu May 21, 2020 10:40 pm They don't do that in fat fuck size
There's quite a lot of adjustability. :)
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

This is in the Ghost Bikes sale today if you're interested. No idea if it's any good. And not sure if it's available in fat fucker.

https://www.ghostbikes.com/1915-wulf-fu ... acket.html
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Cheers for that dave they also do mx kit aswell in fat sizes thanks for the link
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
tuftywhite

Post by tuftywhite »

Have you bought your armour yet?

I went for the soft approach and got the Knox Action shirt. Currently ยฃ125

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/487109

I like this as it's soft armour and less restricting, but also absorbs impact rather than just blocking it like hard plastic does. I've worn mine on two trips on the Pyrenees TET and when I'm green laneing at home. So comfortable that I can leave it on all day.
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

I have yes.i ended up with 1 on sale from a mx company in america with a mx jacket in elephant size lol to fit over it fits great not tried it out yet but thanks for the recommendations
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Does any one on here wear one of these Shot Airlight things?

https://www.motoblouz.com/vente-gilet-d ... 15154.html

I have one positive recommendation from Matt.

I've got to upgrade from my basic cheap ninja turtle. It's probably either the Shot or an A-Stars Bionic.

And does it come with a low-talent nob-rider feature, to prevent me from attempting stupid stuff?
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

daveuprite wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:02 pm Does any one on here wear one of these Shot Airlight things?

I've got to upgrade from my basic cheap ninja turtle. It's probably either the Shot or an A-Stars Bionic.

And does it come with a low-talent nob-rider feature, to prevent me from attempting stupid stuff?
Shouldn't you be looking for a neck brace first ? :lol:

That Shot one looks ok, judging by image and compared to my a-stars bionic the Shot has much wider back protector and better chest protection.
Motoblouz are good, I've ordered from them before , you can return stuff no charge if it doesn't meet expectations fit etc...provided unused still with tags obviously.

edit - only 118 โ‚ฌ at 24MX
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Nico-D wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:47 pm
daveuprite wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:02 pm Does any one on here wear one of these Shot Airlight things?

Shouldn't you be looking for a neck brace first ? :lol:

That Shot one looks ok, judging by image and compared to my a-stars bionic the Shot has much wider back protector and better chest protection.
Motoblouz are good, I've ordered from them before , you can return stuff no charge if it doesn't meet expectations fit etc...provided unused still with tags obviously.

edit - only 118 โ‚ฌ at 24MX
Cheers Nick. It's a shame none of us was videoing when I butted that branch because I'd like to see exactly what happened. Yes, a neck brace would have helped a lot last weekend, and maybe this bloody whiplash pain might have been avoided. It hurts - quite a bit. But it's the first injury of that kind I've had in a full and accomplished crashing career. I think the heat and inconvenience of wearing a brace every day outweighs the slim chance of a neck-type injury. Mostly I pick up body bruises and arm knocks, so I need to concentrate on decent body armour. I just don't think I would wear a sweaty, restrictive neck brace on plus 25 degree days. Given that I have a dodgy lower back anyway, it's the spinal bit I need most.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

You need one of these dave :lol:
Screenshot_20200616-220125_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200616-220125_Samsung Internet.jpg (35.14 KiB) Viewed 2958 times
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Brave Sir Robin... :lol:

Next time out, Steve, I won't bring a bike at all. I'll just mince about while you go ahead of me with a pair of coconuts...

Return to โ€œCLOTHINGโ€