Adventure boot review

Does my ass look big in these?
Sanqhar

Re: Adventure boot review

Post by Sanqhar »

Goretex gives you an extra line of warranty. I would go for this all the time.

tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
richardbd

Re: Adventure boot review

Post by richardbd »

Flipflop wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:29 pm I like to buy quality riding apparel, look after it and keep it for many years.
With this in mind I was reading the boot review in the latest edition of ABR magazine. I have a pair of Sidi Adv and after 3 years the left boot is no longer waterproof and they need re-soling which is very expensive. I believe the Rev’its are non re-soleable which for a £500 pair of boots is not acceptable to me. Are the Toucans re-soleable? Why no mention of Forma Terra Evo boots which, on paper at least, look to compare well with the Sidis and Alpinestars but at a better price point.

I’m very tempted by a pair or Daytona trans open GTX as they look to me like a pair of boots for life - similar to Altberg’s but much better protection. My only reservation is zips and mud but if well cared for I suspect they’ll be a good investment.
Opinions?
I had a pair of Trans Open GTX. Quality was usual Daytona standard - excellent. But (and it's a big but) the level of protection isn't really any better than standard Daytona road boots such as Roadstars. There's zero lateral ankle protection.

I wore Toucans all the way from London to Beijing. Good compromise between protection and comfort plus 100% waterproof. Some of the stitching around the bottom buckle was failing by the end of 13,000 miles of daily use. To be fair through, they weren't new when I set off.

I'd recommend them or Sidi Adventures - just depends on which fits you best...

Return to “CLOTHING”