Goretex Suit Query

Does my ass look big in these?
WillS

Re: Goretex Suit Query

Post by WillS »

September in the Pyrénées is a great month. Most of the August traffic has gone and the roads are normally clear.
The weather is normally good and a normal vented riding suit is best with a rain cover if it does rain. Can be a bit cooler as you pass over the cols at over 1800/2000m. Always warmer on the Spanish side as South facing..
Some great riding roads on both sides of the Pyrénées (France and Spain) The road condition can be better on the Spanish side.
If you want any routes or advise let me know, been living in the Haute Pyrénées for a few years now. They cover a vast area so lots and lots of good riding of different roads, but lots of twisty's and hairpins...
Good luck.
Will
Flipflop

Re: Goretex Suit Query

Post by Flipflop »

I prefer laminated Goretex with lots of vents.
I’m sure the trousers will give a little and quite a lot after 5 years. One thing in your favour, IMO, is that tight trousers help delay the onset of sore bum.
You’ll be fine in the Pyrenees/Picos in September - not too hot, besides, even in the hottest weather, it’s cool up in the mountains so you can always get away from the heat.

Personally, I don’t recommend doing a load of research and planning. Everyone is different so will offer different opinions - and that can be stressful.
There’s no right or wrong way. You’ll find what works for you and what you prefer - then, after a few trips, things will change and so you’ll adapt to those changes and again find what’s best for you. Then after 25 years you’ll have the knowledge to go anywhere on any kind of trip - but..... your approach will be different to everyone else’s’.

You’ve got the suit, just go and enjoy .........oh and don’t forget the ride report and photos please.
Cheers

Return to “CLOTHING”