Knox clothing

Does my ass look big in these?
qcnr

Knox clothing

Post by qcnr »

Anyone tried their armoured shirt (Zephyr pro)? https://www.planet-knox.com/product/mens-zephyr-pro/
Thinking of getting one to replace my bulky and heavy all in one jacket. This will be better for summer,
and can add clothes for warmth and use a normal goretex for when it is raining. I'm thinking this approach
seems more flexible.
At first was considering a MX style bodyarmour jacket, but don't particulary want to ride around looking like
an american football player or stormtrooper...
What do you tend to wear for everyday riding/ commuting/ on the trail?
zimtim

Re: Knox clothing

Post by zimtim »

This and last summer on the hot days I used my Forcefield shirt with a softshell or waterproof jacket.
I found that removing the chest armour was better. Had more airflow.
Whilst overall it was a lot cooler I was still sweaty if stopped or riding slowly through traffic.
The only concern I had is the set had little or no abrasive protection.
But personally I would rather have some protection and be.cooler than lots of protection and sweating my nuts off or totally cool and zero protection.

At £240 odd I would look at possibly either the forcefield @£140 or possibly a mesh jacket.
Cone

Post by Cone »

I’ve got an alpine stars body armour with mesh and it’s great. Totally converted in summer
tuftywhite

Post by tuftywhite »

I have the Knox Action shirt which has back, shoulder and elbow protection.

It's quite heavy but once on you don't notice it. Wore it for about 9 days in a row and it was extremely comfortable.

Just about to wear it for 14 days in a row. It's a great bit of kit, and you can separately purchase the chest protector.

I would certainly recommend Knox stuff.
deksawyer

Post by deksawyer »

I have a Knox Action shirt as well and it's a nice thing. Wear it under a light jacket, like one of the un-armoured Klim ones and you're good to go.

D.

Return to “CLOTHING”