Klim Overshell Pants - Caution

Does my ass look big in these?
BobH

Re: Klim Overshell Pants - Caution

Post by BobH »

byewayrider wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:12 am Sorry but they should honor warrenty claim based on the deffective parts letting in water not the repair made while in use...like saying i changed a tire and my wheel disintegrated afterwards due to metsl fatigue :lol: ...

In my books warrenty is a manufactures reputation.....best of luck would be nuce to know if you had tested the dampo crouch ..then fell off and it leaked later..same outcome different story eh..
Their Warranty waver states: The following items will void the lifetime warranty of the product even if the issue is unrelated to these damages

Guess they could not be clearer. My mistake for not testing before riding, that said I have used Klim for many years and other than 2 pairs of gloves, no jackets or pants have leaked. Gloves were changed without quibble.
bowber

Post by bowber »

My wife has a Klim jacket and while it's very well made and is totally waterproof so far we were not impressed at the materials inability to handle heat from the exhaust on her bike.

We had stopped and she took the jacket off, threw it over the seat and for the brief second it touched the link pipe to the silencer the material didn't just melt, it disappeared, this is a minute of so after stopping and motor off so it's had time to cool down, bike is a 750 AT. I've seen the same on other Klim gear (usually trousers) and I think the material they use is a bit thin, it may be high quality but still too thin for the use it's being put to

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't expect a synthetic material to stand up to a hot exhaust for long but I've done similar with other jackets and trousers and ended up with a hard melted patch but the material has still been there.
I've also had cheap over trousers stand up to hot exhausts better.

The jacket has since been repaired by Lancashire sport repairs who did a very nice job.

Steve
jinna1961

Post by jinna1961 »

I also fell foul of Klims poor customer service. I bought a pair of Klim torrent over trousers and the Velcro on my boots rubbed the inner lining away, they are still waterproof. I sent them to klim who flatly refused to repair or exchange saying they are not supposed to be worn directly over boots. I tucked my trousers in my boots to stop the bottoms getting wet from spray. I think they make it up as they go along. I won’t be buying Klim ever again.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:14 am Is it not the case that the Goretex company warrants products made using Goretex against leakage separate from any warranty from the garment maker?
It's Not
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Well that settles that one then.
BobH

Post by BobH »

Thanks I will see how Klim responds first.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I can't remember if it was on this forum or another but someone had a Goretex product from Hein Gericke before they went bust. It developed a leak. The phoenix Hein Gericke company would't entertain a claim, so he submitted a claim to Goretex, and they supplied him with a similar replacement from another manufacturer.

Goretex is expensive for a reason... and this is probably why.
gspod

Post by gspod »

I had a BMW Tourance jacket for about 15 years and did over 150K miles in it. It is still very usable (I use it for trail riding) but it got a bit scruffy. I wanted something of similar quality and was prepared to pay for it so went with Klim.
The trousers are excellent but I’m not happy with the jacket. It’s not totally waterproof and there is a lot of Velcro closure. In my experience Velcro has a limited lifespan and I don’t expect it to last 7 let alone 15 years - BTW I only use the jacket in summer whereas I used the Tourance all year round.
I like the look of the BMW Enduro guard jacket - it’s got popper closures - the wife loves her GS dry jacket
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I have Klim Latitude jacket and trousers, not the latest model? Poppers on trousers are if anything too tight, that's good! Overall good suit but Velcro on jacket is crap, neck strap is always coming undone!
I bought it because I wanted quality LAMINATED Goretex not for the brand name!

Return to “CLOTHING”