Oford Mondial laminated suit

Does my ass look big in these?
nathanm

Re: Oford Mondial laminated suit

Post by nathanm »

I don't know Hoppert, I thought there'd been some really good feedback on this thread from those who've bought it. Ultimately it's a £250 jacket so you're not going to get the performance of a £800 Klim. As I said in that video I did, I wouldn't deter people from buying it because in the context of that price range it's a good jacket and not having the three layer system is a benefit over something like the RST Adventure. It's not my ideal jacket for the reasons I stated but those issues may bother someone else less or not bother them at all. Best best is go somewhere and try one on, see how it fits, and see how other jackets fit. If you listened to everyone on the internet you wouldn't buy anything.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

I used one of these jackets, and #2 trousers on a trip to France last summer:

http://www.oxfordproducts.com/motorcycl ... ech_black/

For me it was a bit sweaty on the hotest days, but opening up the cuff helped the airflow through the jacket.

Bought a new style Klim Traverse for a very good price or else I'd have gone for the Mondial jacket. For me the laminate is the best option as it usually rains in Scotland, but can be very warm on the same day between the showers!
Fried Egg Sandwich

Re: Oxford Mondial laminated suit

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Not meaning to throw more confusion in the mix, but I bought the even less costly Oxford Montreal 3.0 and I am currently using it. No complaints yet, although I haven't been in a thorough downpour yet. RiDE and ABR mag best buys.
http://www.oxfordproducts.com/motorcycl ... et_desert/
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
scotsy

Post by scotsy »

I also have the cheaper Oxford Montreal 3.0 suit (they have 3.0 trousers available now) got it from Ghostbikes for about £245 total

View this video that Blackpool honda guys made using a jet washer and a Montreal 3.0/2.0 combo set. Click the link below and scroll down a short way.

https://www.coxmotorcyclesdirect.com/ar ... jet-washer

Used for the first time last sunday in wales cool, damp, breezy conditions and was cursing myself for not putting my Keis heated jacket underneath it instead of relying on the zip-out liner. The jacket/pants were comfy and dry but don't rely on the 'warm' linings to stay warm in bad conditions.

Happy with the purchase though (and the 10% discount i blagged on the jacket cos i had just bought the trousers) :D

Ian
(Keis convert) :mrgreen:

I'm too old for being cold on the bike!!! :oops:
Last edited by scotsy on Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hopper1

Post by Hopper1 »

nathanm wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:08 am I don't know Hoppert, I thought there'd been some really good feedback on this thread from those who've bought it. Ultimately it's a £250 jacket so you're not going to get the performance of a £800 Klim. As I said in that video I did, I wouldn't deter people from buying it because in the context of that price range it's a good jacket and not having the three layer system is a benefit over something like the RST Adventure. It's not my ideal jacket for the reasons I stated but those issues may bother someone else less or not bother them at all. Best best is go somewhere and try one on, see how it fits, and see how other jackets fit. If you listened to everyone on the internet you wouldn't buy anything.
Couldn't see your attachment, or TMF vlog. Thought they may have had some adverse info... Found both clips and I'd already seen them, previously, so no great shock ;)

Think I'll still get them... As you say, I'll be mulling it over forever, if I wait for internet decision!
frddy871

Post by frddy871 »

Has anyone tried the alpine star Guyana goretex laminated ? Good price here https://www.fc-moto.de/en/Alpinestars-G ... ile-Jacket £40 more than Oxford but not sure on any user reveiws. I ask as I am on the top or buying new for my daily commute ,, like the price of Oxford , and sort of wish I hadn't found the alpine star as now confused myself

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Hopper1

Post by Hopper1 »

Okay, so I bought the Mondial suit.
Everything seemed good with the suit, as I'm not used to textile trousers, but I felt that an adjuster, just below the knee would be a good idea. Something to nip up the loose bit of material, to help hold the knee protection in place.
I know that Klim have this on the Badlands Pro trousers, but at £715 that's quite a step up!
I also tried quite a few boots...

The Sidi Adventure seemed to have a narrow toe box, so by the time I'd gone up enough size to be comfortable, the heel box was too big!
Forma Adventure felt really nice, but once they'd warmed on me, once I did a few movements to check their flexibility, the inner ankle cup began rubbing! Not very pleasant...
Finally, the Alpinestars Toucan... great boot... So far! I bought them ;)

Looking forward to next weekend, when I pick up the new Rallye and begin breaking it all in!
frddy871

Post by frddy871 »

frddy871 wrote:Has anyone tried the alpine star Guyana goretex laminated ? Good price here https://www.fc-moto.de/en/Alpinestars-G ... ile-Jacket £40 more than Oxford but not sure on any user reveiws. I ask as I am on the top or buying new for my daily commute ,, like the price of Oxford , and sort of wish I hadn't found the alpine star as now confused myself

Just thought i,d post a quick update .. ended up going with Revit laminated horizon 2 jacket and trousers . Been worn in mid 20, s and heavy rain. Must say very impressed . Jacket sits a little high , but still ok as was used to a longer jacket before . No water ingress, and quick to dry , great vents on both jacket and trousers for hot riding . Small negative , collar on widest setting could have had a bit more room. Overall very please this far . ImageImage

Return to “CLOTHING”