Boots

Does my ass look big in these?
lancashirelad

Boots

Post by lancashirelad »

In the last 10 days I've tried the Sidi Adventure, the W2s & today the Hein Gericke Rallye & none of them will fasten round my calf so its back to the drawing board, still to try the Triumph adventure boots but I don't hold out much hope.
I tried the Hein Gericke Forano & being lower they fit quiet well.
So I think I'll resign myself to the fact I can't wear adventure boots.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
lancashirelad

Re: Boots

Post by lancashirelad »

***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
scouse

Post by scouse »

Try the BMW Santiago boots, I had the same issue and they seemed to be the best fit of any boots I tried including the similar HG boots. Or the Gaerene G-Adventure
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

I went to try on some w2 adventure boots but when I got to the shop the cheap feeling buckles put me right off, I know they are cheaper than say the Sidi adventure boots but having those nasty buckles on will surely cost them a lot of sales, it did with me anyway.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Try "Altberg" they will make to measure cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Have you tried MX or Trials boots instead of "Adventure"?
There are many more manufacturers of these than the ADV style, and so the choice should in theory at least be that much greater.
I understand that trials boots come up a wee bit shorter from ankle to knee, than either of the other two, and thus might be better to accommodate a larger calf.

Finally just my opinion on anything lesser on the trails, i.e. walking / army style boots; I wouldn't /don't; over the years I've seen some quite gruesome injuries to shins and ankles (ever had a tap on either playing footie?.. hurts like buggery) from not wearing decent kit, personally I won't set off without them. Oh and another recommendation in the same vein are knee /shin protectors, I'd feel naked without them now.

Just a thought what calf size are you? I'm 17 1/4" in the calf and Alpine stars Tech 3's fit perfectly, with plenty of room for adjustment both on the velcro and buckle closures.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
davsato

Post by davsato »

wow mate, how big are your calfs?! i have the HG rallys and they are way big enough. you might have to settle on those little ankle boots
Dave
Selous

Boots

Post by Selous »

What about altberg I met a few ppl who use them really goo made to measure

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

As Mark said, the Alpinestars are cut for a wider calf (american market :lol: )
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Tyrant68 wrote:As Mark said, the Alpinestars are cut for a wider calf (american market :lol: )
Oi I ain't got yankee legs!
I thought that my calf's were my best feature, along with film star good looks...... even if I do look like Freddy Kruger on a bad hair day!:lol: :lol:
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R

Return to “CLOTHING”