Base Layers

Does my ass look big in these?
Plaicey

Base Layers

Post by Plaicey »

I'm looking for recommendations for summer base layers please.
i usually wear a normal cotton T-shirt, but it quickly becomes wringing wet through.
What do people recommend for wearing under a textile jacket?
Cheers in Advance
HarveyCamm

Re: Base Layers

Post by HarveyCamm »

I'd go for anything from other sports - cycling or running mainly as the kit sold for these wicks the sweat away rather than holding it like cotton.
Maybe something like this
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/polaris-nomad-shirt-p200791
Happy hunting
Harv
ledwardio

Post by ledwardio »

I wear stuff from Proskins - they're a good thermal layer in the cold and they wick the sweat away, keeping you cool, when its hot. It's quite figure hugging though - just a warning as all the ladies will be going wild, oh yeah that happens all the time to me :laugh:
https://proskins.co/men/moto/
I think there are plenty of similar stuff out there though.
Just a note, when you wash them make sure not to use fabric conditioner as it clogs the micrpores which stops them being able to wick the sweat away.
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Helly Hanson. Keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter. Take it on tour, after a days riding, hop in shower, rinse in shower with shower gel. Be dry by morning as it dries fast ( you can put it straight back up on if you like after a squeeze) and wear it on the bike the next day. Saves space on clothing and more room for beer.
herman

Post by herman »

The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Mountain Warehouse t-shirts do the same as more expensive t-shirts,wicking,quick drying for only £6 each.I wore them in 39c last year and they were fine.They even last well,I've worn mine regularly for a couple of years now for hillwalking as well as on the bike.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

+1 you can wear it for days and it will not smell,i have washed mine in a stream and bungeed it to the rear rack and it was dry by the next drink stop. If you are a big lad like me they are snug fitting and i end up looking like a michelin man as they are designed for "sport billys" great bit of kit. I have the thermal leggings which work as well in summer as they do in winter too.
Agent Orange wrote:Helly Hanson. Keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter. Take it on tour, after a days riding, hop in shower, rinse in shower with shower gel. Be dry by morning as it dries fast ( you can put it straight back up on if you like after a squeeze) and wear it on the bike the next day. Saves space on clothing and more room for beer.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Underarmor heatgear/coldgear
Asking for recommendations for baselayers is like asking what your favourite food is, the options are limitless
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Oohhh
I love Curry and steak. Not too mention Chinese plus cheese and biscuits :whistle:
I would also recommend wearing the leggings all year round too. Stop your legs feeling clammy.
Plaicey

Post by Plaicey »

Cheers everyone!
I will have a look at your recommendations.
Got to be a bit careful as some of the stuff can be a bit revealing :laugh: and I don't want ladies passing out at my amazing physique :P :P

Return to “CLOTHING”