Nolan N44 helmet

Does my ass look big in these?
Chunkychops

Nolan N44 helmet

Post by Chunkychops »

Does anyone own one of these? I have an opportunity to buy one and was looking for some feedback on comfort - fit and noise. I currently have a Schuberth C3 but quite fancy a 'convertible'.
scubabiker

Re: Nolan N44 helmet

Post by scubabiker »

i have an older model Nsomething air, forget exactly what model, recently replaced it with a shark evoline.
the nolan was a great lid, had it about 4 years and still use it on and off, its great to have the massive visor, quite light too.
the shark however isnt so great, the visor feels stiff and the little knobbly thing you use to grab on to is at the top of the visor instead of bottom/side like others, plus its damn heavy, but its approved as both openface and fullface so cant complain really.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Hi I have had an N44 for a couple of years now and had an N40 previously.
Apart from once to try it out I have never used the chin piece on the 44, I don't really get on with full face lids and found it claustrophobic. I also took some padding out at the side because it pressed against my glasses giving me a headache. Maybe because of this I find it quite noisy. other that that it is a great lid, comfortable and the vents keep it reasonably cool. It is quite easy to take the lining out and wash it. I do find it tends to mist up when doing hard slow moving trails in the winter, I have fitted a pinlock visor which works fine on the road. All in all it is okay but I might look for something different when I replace it.
Cheers Jak
Trevor Twobikes

Post by Trevor Twobikes »

I've had a N44 for several years. I bought it because if its large aperture and as I hadn't
had a full face helmet before I could revert it to jet style if I didn't get on with it.
In the event I've never taken the chin bar off. It does tend to mist up when stationary at traffic lights etc. I just lift the visor. I have fitted a pinlock. Overall I like the helmet and would by another.

Trevor

Return to “CLOTHING”