Klim F4

Does my ass look big in these?
Mike54

Re: Klim F4

Post by Mike54 »

If its mainly road riding you do then a lid like that is kind of pointless. they are aimed at very hot weather riding and racing.

wearing an enduro lid and goggles is pretty painful in rain, believe me.
GB

Post by GB »

Thanks Mike, thats the feedback I need. It is the only halmet that is as comfortable as my arai, the Nexx comes pretty close.
I'm surprised Klim doesnt make a visored helmet.
Finally back on a GS :D
GB

Klim F4

Post by GB »

Anyone on here wear a klim F4? Tried one on Saturday and found it really comfy but I've never had a visor less helmet before, and definitely not anything that vented. How do you get on wearing goggles in the rain? Would you recommend one for all year everyday use? My Arai is up for renewal and these are nearly £200 cheaper and lighter.
stubbs

Post by stubbs »

For off-road and non rainy days it is a great helmet. Lining comes out and washes up like new time and again and remains firm and supportive. Thought the vent system was a bit of a gimmick until I rode in the dessert and it really does work kept me cooler than any other premium brand I have used over the years. It also has a removable nose cover which I think is for the cold but it also stops sun burn on the exposed nose area. It has a wind cheater cap that closes the air vents in cold weather. Only down side is some of the paint or whatever the finish is started to peal around the chin piece. I wear all year round but do not do many road miles. Will definitely get another and comes in quality helmet bag. Very light and reasonable side vision.
GB

Post by GB »

Just watched the RevZilla review of it and with all the extras like the Gorestopper and nose shield I think it would be ok for 3 seasons. I am sorely tempted.
GB

Klim F4

Post by GB »

Thanks Stubbs.
MHsnowy

Post by MHsnowy »

GB wrote:Thanks Mike, thats the feedback I need. It is the only halmet that is as comfortable as my arai, the Nexx comes pretty close.
I have seen a prototype Klim visored helmet and tried it on. They are available in USA and are waiting the E approval for uk use. It is billed as the lightest dual sport helmet on the market.
Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

If it helps, I recently bought the NEXX XD1 and cant fault it. It is as comfortable as my Shoei was.
SimplyExploring

Post by SimplyExploring »

Ive got the F4, I bought for a trip to Morocco and to use here on hot days. It does what it says on the tin, very cool and very light. Great helmet in my opinion
GB

Klim F4

Post by GB »

MHsnowy wrote:
GB wrote:Thanks Mike, thats the feedback I need. It is the only halmet that is as comfortable as my arai, the Nexx comes pretty close.
I have seen a prototype Klim visored helmet and tried it on. They are available in USA and are waiting the E approval for uk use. It is billed as the lightest dual sport helmet on the market.
Looked on their website and can't see it, do you have a link?

Return to “CLOTHING”