ALDI Bike Week from Sunday 20/03

Does my ass look big in these?
wwdph02

ALDI Bike Week from Sunday 20/03

Post by wwdph02 »

Bike boots, gloves, coats, covers, socks, Bluetooth headset, satnav, chainlube, neck warmers, waterproofs, and more.
rucksack, leatherjackets at branches today.
I can recommend the boots, same as they sold a few years ago, which I have. Just bought a spare pair. The soles are identical to the akita viper town boots I was unable to replace as they're discontinued. Stated as water resistant touring boots but I have found them to be totally waterproof. All I do is to use used plain neutral dubbin, and despite riding for 6 hours in heavy rain for one day I never got wet feet.
Philiptigerrice

Re: ALDI Bike Week from Sunday 20/03

Post by Philiptigerrice »

My brother just bought the headset this morning - he's never used one before...

He called me from the bike, using Vox Dialling - and, bearing in mind he was out in the sticks - and I'm offshore near Norway, on a satellite link - it was a bloody good call!

I had one of the silverCrest ones before, that was good too (thumbs)

(Although I'd say, ideal for commuting - not heavy touring)
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

I bought a pair of the jeans for running around in ...nice amount of Kevlar and armour and seem very well made ( have a n older pair which are miles too big now) ..nice quality for the measly price of £34.99.. And also picked up a couple of pairs of their socks which are back to the nice quality feel of a few years ago...bonus is they are long enough for under mx boots....also got some chain cleaner and chain wax..the bike won't know what's hit it !!!!
smudger272

Post by smudger272 »

Can't wait to go down to aldis today
V_King

Post by V_King »

boots are one of the very few things I would never save money on. had a look at them in aldi, and they might be okish for a few hundred miles a year fear weather rider going to a cafeteria down the road every now and then. but I can not see that fake leather lasting long and providing any good waterproofness and longevity. unless they are actually rubber boots disguised as a motorcycle boot :D
""
clutchspring

Post by clutchspring »

I had some Aldi boots some year's a go , they were OK not very water proof but lasted well, used them for travelling to work for a bout two years .

Ian.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

The bike socks look good and they do the small cans of WD chain wax, also waterproof spray at a sensible price--picked some up yesterday--also those round emergency lights are a good safety spare--even if you are out on a hillside etc --very bright red LEDs that flash and do all sorts of things.
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

phil
was that price just for the one unit

steve
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Philiptigerrice wrote:My brother just bought the headset this morning - he's never used one before...

He called me from the bike, using Vox Dialling - and, bearing in mind he was out in the sticks - and I'm offshore near Norway, on a satellite link - it was a bloody good call!

I had one of the silverCrest ones before, that was good too (thumbs)

(Although I'd say, ideal for commuting - not heavy touring)
Grabbed one of these, but I am far from happy at pulling the helmet lining out to mount the unit... I think it will be going back this week.

Would be OK in my openface helmets, but not for my Shoei flip!
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

Grabbed a pair of the jeans today. Seem fairly rugged and fit ok.

Nick.

Return to “CLOTHING”