It's time for a jacket count

Does my ass look big in these?
bunker

Re:It's time for a jacket count

Post by bunker »

HG Tuareg (the old one with the leather bits and removable liner) for commuting and any great distance.

Bargain Furygan leather (£60 from e-bay and almost new B) ) for quick trips or going to the TT
Triumph Tiger 885
Warthog

Post by Warthog »

At the moment I am using my HG Tuareg summer 2-piece suit. Quite heavy duty, but with plenty of vent options. Solid, though.

Otherwise, especially in winter I wear an IXS goretex jacket and trousers.

(can't remember the name, but it's probably no longer in production: it's about 6 years old!!)

IXS are the bees knees! I looove their stuff!!
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

Rukka safari jacket
North face Goretex trousers
karimor hiking boots

Wouldn't be without the Rukka !!!!
trophydave

Post by trophydave »

I have two HG textile jackets,I can't remember what model they are.A Bering jacket thats a size too big,ideal for extra layers in the winter and a leather jacket that I herdly ever wear.
Then there are three pairs of trousers,three lids,boots,gloves etc.Far too much kit:)
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

RDS? maybe RSD cheepie I bought for £50 when I started now relegated to lend to a friend going throough his test

Daily use HG Jacket, trousers belstaff with protection held up with Makita braces (Braces another freebie)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
scouse

Post by scouse »

Two Belstaff Celsius jackets that I bought from Busters at a big knock down price... 50 quid each down from I think 400 when they came out.

Weise MA2 for round town use, looks like a bouncers jacket but tougher and waterproof material and Knox body armour in all the usual places. Also bought from a clearance stall at a rally for 50 quid.

Now seriously hankering after a Halversonns Opitimal jacket to go with my Targa pants , but will take the HiViz bib off and junk it as their reflective striping works better at night ... apparently the stripes on my Targa's were reflecting the starlight when we were camped at the Rifugio.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

MMM,

A Leather Revitt jacket which goes with my leather pants as a 2 piece
A Revitt Off Track Jacket
A Joe Rocket Phoenix Mesh Jacket
A Triumph Paddock Jacket
A Heine Gericke Daylyne Touring Jacket
An Akito short touring Jacket

The Lovely Wendy has
two leather jackets Ixon & Frank Thomas
a Heine Gericke Touring Jacket
A Triumph lightweight Jacket
Touring France Some Useful Central Massif Touring Routes...

Ride Reports places we have been and things we have seen...
McOo

Post by McOo »

Just bought a HG Tuareg jacket off eBay for £70. Seemed like a bargain, I just hope sizes don't vary too much from the jackets I tried on in HG bristol. :)
dave ett

Post by dave ett »

A handy topic this, as I'm in the market fr some new gear since my Spada Farenheit is about 15 years old as really isn't waterproof any more. The heated liner only gave up six months ago too, so that's been replaced with an Exo2 which is brilliant.

Have been looking and trying stuff on for a couple of weeks, and tomorrow will head to Bristol to try the Spada Adventure suit. £124 for the jacket and £104 for the trousers makes it good value.

I Like the Weise Climate gear too, sadly the shop didn't have it in my size and were so vague on re-stocking I walked out - they obviously didn't want my business!

The Rukka seems overpriced fr what it is. As does the BMW gear.

My only concern with all of these textile suits is how well they'll stand up to a slide - body armour is good for the fall, but I'm not so sure textile copes as well as leather in other respects...
africajim

Post by africajim »

On all tests I've seen the Goretex lasted far longer than leather, but saying that, the last jacket I bought, Akito Desert, I wouldn't want to go too far along the tar on it! It would appear to be Goretex and then there's Goretex! My last SIDI jacket was excellent and hard wearing, it would go twice as far than the Akito by the look of it!
You pays yer money,,,, !
Honda, the power of dreams.

Return to “CLOTHING”