Re: It's time for a jacket count

Post by magwa »

A BMW 'TWAT SUIT', full set of BK leather kit,A nice 'City' Florry jacket
Live Long

Die Oblong

E.T.

Post by E.T. »

I've always worn proper kit...I'm less worried I guess about broken bones than I am about skin grafts...(though I would prefer protection from the former too).

Now, I need to commute to Colchester, from a little village outside...its about 5 miles, most of in 30 zones (and generally slower), but one stretch on a mile in 50...so lots of potential of grinding down to the bone if I go road surfing.

BUT...and this is the hard bit, I need to be smart for work, but don't want to go through all the rigmarole of getting completely changed - I'd sooner slip something over and take it of the other end. The idea of changing trouses in an office full of women (whilst I am sure they would love it :unsure: ) isn't want I want to do (the loo is v. small and not practical).

Any suggestions - I think may consider buying over trouses, or regular biker trouses a size bigger into which I can fit with my day clothes on. What are your thoughts?

How do others deal with this?
AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/product.p ... ile_jacket

Triumph sympatex bit like gortex.

I have the same problem of needing to have a shirt ,tie and trousers for work that doesn't look like I lost the iron a while back.
The triumph gear I have worn it all through theyear including a spell at 26 degree in Ireland in june and also 0 degree in winter. There are enough vents and linings to control the temperature.

The trouser has a very long zip from the bottom of the leg to above the knee making it easy to get in and out of without the hopping around trick.

Have never got wet with this gear and have been through some stuff

Tip also is not iron your shirt n trousers just as you need them as they crease to hell. Always iron the night before and dry them (end of grandma tip)

Made a mistake when I started ridinglast year of buying cheap in th sale from J&S - turned out the trousers were not waterproof and all the seams ended up in the crotch. Now light grey trousers are amazing at showing up water!!!!! Spend the first hour of the day stood infront of the dryer in a very strange position.!!!!

For 'offroad' I have a Akita desert jacket and dragging jeans.
I took the armour out of the jacket wait moved around too much and never seemed to be where it ought to be.
I then bought a forcefield jacket to go underneath.
I find this very good. - also wear it under a shirt down the pub and look like arnie when he wasn't a politician http://www.forcefieldperformance.com/pr ... shirt/2353
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'
garyr

Post by garyr »

E.T. wrote:I've always worn proper kit...I'm less worried I guess about broken bones than I am about skin grafts...(though I would prefer protection from the former too).

Now, I need to commute to Colchester, from a little village outside...its about 5 miles, most of in 30 zones (and generally slower), but one stretch on a mile in 50...so lots of potential of grinding down to the bone if I go road surfing.

BUT...and this is the hard bit, I need to be smart for work, but don't want to go through all the rigmarole of getting completely changed - I'd sooner slip something over and take it of the other end. The idea of changing trouses in an office full of women (whilst I am sure they would love it :unsure: ) isn't want I want to do (the loo is v. small and not practical).

Any suggestions - I think may consider buying over trouses, or regular biker trouses a size bigger into which I can fit with my day clothes on. What are your thoughts?

How do others deal with this?
Have a look at aerostich gear, American made and no dealers over here !!! but you occasionally see them on ebay. One of there suits has a zip from top to your feet, fully waterproof and full armour. I know a guy who wears his business suit underneath it, and its on/off in seconds. Only downside is its pricey.
who dares, bins

Return to “CLOTHING”