Boots - W2 Adventure vs Forma Adventure

Does my ass look big in these?
JonE

Boots - W2 Adventure vs Forma Adventure

Post by JonE »

Morning All,

My old boots are due replacement and I have narrowed my choices down to either the W2 4-dirt adventure boots (£99.99) or the Forma adventures (£144).

The W2 boots are sold by Infinity which I have just down the road from me so hopefully could get them to order some in for me to try on, they are also cheaper which would give me extra to put towards the new jacket and trousers that I also need, but are they as good as the Forma boots they will only really be used for commuting and touring and possibly some light off roading/green laning so for me the most important aspects are them being waterproof and comfortable.

Cheers

Jon
Stevied

Re: Boots - W2 Adventure vs Forma Adventure

Post by Stevied »

Thats a good price for the W2 . found mine very comfortable and waterproof.
haven't used the Forma.

hth
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

My W2 boots are all day comfortable and to date are waterproof and I have done some mileage in them. Would I buy a second pair yes would be the answer.

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

My forma's are 14 months old and leak like a very leaky thing. they are comfy but i have to wear waterproof socks with them. i won't be getting another pair.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

I bought a pair of W2 from infinity ( they carry stock so probably wont have to order in) the first time I wore them I went through a rather large puddle and they leaked badly. INFINTY replaced them with no quibble, second pair I have had for over a year and been through some atrocious weather and they haven't leaked at all.
Superbly comfortable wear all day. Even have a walk in no probe. Highly recommended and at that price I might go and buy a second pair to stick in the attic for when my current pair finally give up the ghost.
nuttynick

Post by nuttynick »

I've also got the W2 boots, love them. Really comfy to walk in from the word go. As for waterproofing, they don't state that they are, however, mine have only once let water in, and that was after a day in some serious rain. I've since coated them in a fabseal type spray and not had an issue yet.
Paul_XRV750

Post by Paul_XRV750 »

I had a pair of the Forma Adv boots last year. Comfy and easy to walk round in, but started leaking after a few months hard use. I switched over now to Alpinestar Toucans, which after
a year are still totally waterproof
akceller8

Post by akceller8 »

I've been using my W2's for 3.5 years now for everything from 3 month trip to greenlaning.

Waterproofing is still great although the suede will wet-out and can cause windchill on cold day long motorway jaunts.

The vibram sole gives pretty good grip on muddy lanes and are comfy for walking around in all day, but mine are getting a little too flexible for long periods stood on narrow pegs, dont know whether to change the pegs or the boots.

I would definately buy the same again when they wear out, especially if they're down to £100, where is that?
Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time!!
JonE

Post by JonE »

Thank you for all your replies it helped me make my mind up, I have just placed an order for the W2's https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/pro ... boots/5372 I also ordered a Spada jacket and trousers that they had on sale https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/pro ... e---l/3781 all I need now is a new pair of gloves and I will (hopefully) be waterproof again.

Cheers

Jon
SSchultz

Post by SSchultz »

I had the same dilemma some 6months ago.I did go for the Forma Adv, some 5000miles later touring and light greenlaning-Comfy and waterproof so far.Almost identical, W2 looks good and the price is decent.

Return to “CLOTHING”