Best winter gloves - Cheap !

Does my ass look big in these?
nethen1

Best winter gloves - Cheap !

Post by nethen1 »

Probably been asked a million times.

What's best Sub £100 gloves for winter trails and road riding.

Having Hot hands fitted never really bothered but as mine have broken twice this year, think its worth getting some decent gloves. Summat that will get me there and back without me fingers falling off.

Merry Christmas

:)
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (62.84 KiB) Viewed 2540 times
Are we stoppin for a brew !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnqi2JsFoNCV6ktRGEOVXQ/playlists

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp :)
picos mestizo

Re: Best winter gloves - Cheap !

Post by picos mestizo »

Ski Gloves.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
APD_660Ten

Post by APD_660Ten »

I bought some Held ones which have been cracking. Best ones i've found. Still when it's really cold i'll stick some liners in with them and if doing a lot of road miles some muffs.

The problem i've always had with trail riding though is that when you stand on the pegs the water runs down your arms and fills your gloves up. Tried allsorts to keep it out. the solution i've found best is. Ride to the trails in your snug winter gloves. Put some regular trail gloves on. Put your winter ones in a bag to stay nice and dry. Then when you're ready for home, swop your soggy gloves for the nice dry warm ones in your bag for the ride home.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I've yet to find the perfect pair of gloves that are warm, dry, have good protection but aren't bulky to wear.

I still use a really tatty old pair of Heine Gericke Lobster gloves with merino wool inner gloves when it's really cold but I don't think they'd protect anything from being broken.
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

These gloves are just so good for the money,http://www.adventure-spec.com/default/a ... glove.html I have had mine for nearly four years now, daily use on my commute and off road too, only just gave up at the V wipe joint (still waterproof except in prolonged rain, when the rain gets in where the V wipe is attached to the glove) can't complain about that (I did phone Adventure Spec and they would taken em back checked em out and replaced if it was a manufacture defect, but at that point they were three years old, so I never bothered as still very usable, good service I must say)
Really comfy and thick/thin enough for all year use, in winter heated grips and hand guards and these are all you need.
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

AndyB wrote:I've yet to find the perfect pair of gloves that are warm, dry, have good protection but aren't bulky to wear.

I still use a really tatty old pair of Heine Gericke Lobster gloves with merino wool inner gloves when it's really cold but I don't think they'd protect anything from being broken.
same here.
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

APD_660Ten wrote: The problem i've always had with trail riding though is that when you stand on the pegs the water runs down your arms and fills your gloves up.
Thats the old question that is :whistle:
I personally where my gloves inside my cuffs (thumbs) I know people ??? it but, find the right gloves http://www.adventure-spec.com/default/a ... glove.html and all is good, thats the secret. I have yet to have rain go up my sleeve and into my gloves as most fear this.
Buying jackets i always take gloves etc with me, to make sure that my gloves go inside :woohoo:
Hoggyf

Post by Hoggyf »

when you stop for a break put your glove over the tail pipe with it ticking over to dry them out??
Then:
Honda MB5, Honda MBX125, 350LC, RGV250, MTX125, GasGas JTX250, CM 644 DS, BMW R1100S, Beta Rev3 250, Beta Rev4T, Honda XL700V Transalp, BMW F800 GS, Kawasaki Super Sherpa
Now:
Montesa 4RT, Triumph Tiger 800, Beta Alp, Montesa 315
Trev

Post by Trev »

I use these if out in chilly weatehr without heated grips:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alpinestars-P ... 540e2d5b8a

Waterproof as well as warm although with the armour they are a little bulky. Had mones for three years and wearing well although not worn all the time in winter as have unlined Goretex if not too chilly.
threepot

Post by threepot »

picos mestizo wrote:Ski Gloves.
Agree,take some beating.

Return to “CLOTHING”