Does my ass look big in these?
steve172

Re: Shark Explore-R Helmet

Post by steve172 »

Dibbs, thanks.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Ive been using one of these (carbon look) for the last 5 months and they are very good

Pro -
[ol]
[li]Very comfortable[/li]
[li]Great field of vision with the wider opening[/li]
[li]Goggles and peak work vwry well together[/li]
[li]Lining is removable and very easy to put back in[/li]
[li]extra neck wind skirt is good and tucks away in the collar padding (bit fiddley though)[/li]
[li]space at ears for speakers[/li]
[li]easy use vents[/li]
[li]integrated sun visor with easy use mechanism that isn't unsightly (thumbs) [/li]
[/ol]

Cons -
[ol]
[li]Sharks anti mist coating (what a waste of time, buy a pin lock or negotiate a pinlock when buying)[/li]
[li]Wind noise is a lot more compared to my previous Shoei[/li]
[li]cant use visor and peak together [/li]
[/ol]

All in all a very good helmet and you can get a good price on them if you look hard enough.
Cant see anyone being too disappointed as long as you have earplugs :pinch:
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Good news guys - just had an email from the Shark Press Office and on the 2015 version of the Explore-R you can now use the peak and the visor together. Props to Shark for seemingly taking criticism on board and giving riders what they want.

Even more good news, if you have one of the 'old' Explore-R models, you can contact the dealer you bought the helmet from and they'll be able to hook you up with a conversion kit so you can use the visor/peak combination as well
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Bryn wrote:Good news guys - just had an email from the Shark Press Office and on the 2015 version of the Explore-R you can now use the peak and the visor together. Props to Shark for seemingly taking criticism on board and giving riders what they want.

Even more good news, if you have one of the 'old' Explore-R models, you can contact the dealer you bought the helmet from and they'll be able to hook you up with a conversion kit so you can use the visor/peak combination as well
Now if they'd done this from the start I'd have a Shark and not an Arai!
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
steve172

Post by steve172 »

Sounds like my next helmet then....

Any idea when the new version will be available to purchase?
RichP

Post by RichP »

That's great news. I have being trying to get the upgrade kit (part number FX5950p) for a month or so but no-one seemed able to help. If anyone finds a Shark dealer that can supply could they post the name on here? Cheers
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

I just picked up the mod from a J&S store, if you ring your nearest one they will order it in for you and its Free!!!! (thumbs)

There is a video on the Shark uk site how to fit it But you will need a small torx screw driver set to fit it! £1.50 from ebay....
steve172

Post by steve172 »

That's also handy to know, perhaps the 2014 model will drop in the sale plus a free mod kit, hmmm
RichP

Post by RichP »

dibbs wrote:I just picked up the mod from a J&S store, if you ring your nearest one they will order it in for you and its Free!!!! (thumbs)

There is a video on the Shark uk site how to fit it But you will need a small torx screw driver set to fit it! £1.50 from ebay....
Thanks for the heads up. Just rang J&S in Leicester they want me to take helmet into them, Shark will collect, fit the upgraded parts and return the helmet to J&S. No cost at all to me - pretty good customer service from Shark :-)
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Just fitted my mod and found the video on the Shark site to help with it, all quite easy really but i did snap the little plastic cap on the right hand side mechanism cover! But luckily they provide a spare, so all good.. The lid looks really cool now and works just fine. Well done Shark. (thumbs)

Return to “CLOTHING”