rukka jacket from Germany

Does my ass look big in these?
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

just be careful when you buy a rukka item from abroad,i have just purchased a rukka jacket from f.c moto got the jacket within 10 days over the moon saved a few quid as well.i have had it two week and when i was away last week noticed the stitching has started to come away from one of the pockets(didn't expect that) so when i got back i sent rukka a email :( said they where very sorry but i would have to send it back to f.c moto so they could send it back to rukka so they could check it out repair it send it back to f.c moto so they could send it back to me.no uk repair centre.there not budging on it said thats the only way i can get it repaired and as for the loan jacket while mine is being repaired forget it.it would cost me more to send it back to germany than have it repaired local.so in my opinion the warrany is worth jack shit unless you buy in this country.f.c moto have been very helpfull but at the end of the day it is down to rukka and as i said in my email to them,i am not happy and i dont think they are very helpfull and i didnt expect that from a brand like rukka.wish i would have bought a RST at half the price.well i took the chance and paided the price,i just didnt want any of you guys falling into the same trap.cheers tony.
anthony29040

Re: rukka jacket from Germany

Post by anthony29040 »

tried putting pictures in but site won't let me(bet its them rukka spies)
KTMBLAG

Post by KTMBLAG »

I've just got myself a rukka jkt and trouser. I looked at the fc moto site but paid the extra from UK. Glad now thanks for the heads up. You would think any dealer could sort it
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

Yer mate that's what I thought
KTMBLAG

Post by KTMBLAG »

I could have a word where I got mine from see if they could help.
Which jkt is it
IainD

Post by IainD »

Send it back for a refund, then spend the money closer to home.

You are entitled to a refund rather than repair.
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

thanks for the replys,i have sent it to a local repairers because if anything goes wrong with it i can't get it sorted under warranty anyway as i have said the warranty is worth jack shit.but despite this i like the jacket and its my second rukka and the other one has never let me down.i still stand on the fact that rukka make one of the best jackets you can buy shame about the shitty warranty.
optimisery

Post by optimisery »

anthony29040 wrote:thanks for the replys,i have sent it to a local repairers because if anything goes wrong with it i can't get it sorted under warranty anyway as i have said the warranty is worth jack shit.but despite this i like the jacket and its my second rukka and the other one has never let me down.i still stand on the fact that rukka make one of the best jackets you can buy shame about the shitty warranty.
Sorry to hear of your troubles ... I think it should be a lesson learnt for anyone thinking of buying clothing/ boots / helmets from abroad......

May I suggest you send the repair bill to Rukka? Take before & after pics... I'm sure it would be cheaper than them having to handle and sort repair.... worth a try...
Are we there yet?
MotorcycleRider

Post by MotorcycleRider »

I've used http://www.biker-land.de/ before, dropped them a email with some pictures and they then forwarded on a email to print with pre-paid postage for me to stick on a box and send the kit out to them for repair.

It's an inconvenience sending it off and having to wait but as I saved £500+ on the original purchase it still worked out well. Just looking Interparcel are quoting £19+vat to Germany so even if I had to pay postage myself it's not a bad deal.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Rukka is made in the Far East now, not Finland

Hence the quality issues, load of my mates have them & one of them is always without his jacket/trews for one reason or another because it's being repaired

I have a original Finnish Rukka Goretex suit, bought 20 years ago & it's fab, still looks as good as the day I bought it despite 1000's of miles
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “CLOTHING”