So who's been to Aldi and what did you buy?

Does my ass look big in these?
Tramp

Re: So who's been to Aldi and what did you buy?

Post by Tramp »

hi all,

well I went along too but came back with nowt but food:( as the jacket looked okay but the neck and internal bit looked naff and were hard to use in my opnion.

craig- the tank nbag does not have magnets unlike my Buffallo one wich is great fro hols and offroad too.

strange how all the oldies who dont own a motorbike were buying the thermals etc , cant see them getting up much of a sweat and trying all the helmets on and not buying.

still got my German sausage and frikadela for tea:laugh: :laugh:
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Tramp wrote:hi all,

craig- the tank nbag does not have magnets unlike my Buffallo one wich is great fro hols and offroad too.
It does have magnets as well as straps mate, I thought some daft sod had stitched the flap to the underside but after giving it a good tug it came apart. The thing that I wasnt to keen on is the rubber underneath was very rough and hard so it may damage the tank. :huh:
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Just been to Lidl, I bought the all in one waterproof suit at £14.99! Just stood in the power shower for 10 minutes and not a drop got in :) :) I got xxl so it could go over the top of everything, only down side it just has one little breast pocket in the zip but thats 1 better than none! Seems really well made though.

Craig & Tramp the bags I just looked at had magnets in although the magnets are very tiny!
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
mawse

Post by mawse »

I bagged a pair of their gloves for £12.99 - should be fine for a spare pair of waterproof ones. Better thank the FT ones I was looking at for £29

One chap there was kitting himself out totally from Lidl - helmet, jacket, gloves, sox, cover and chain
Jimbike

Post by Jimbike »

I went to try on the helmets and ended up buying helmets and gloves for me and Mrs Jimbike.

The helmet fits me perfectly and has extra baffles, smaller cheek pads, flip up works solidly, the dark visor inside the visor, bag and a spare visor! All for £39.99. Those Chinese must work hard for their money but it looks like great quality.
Compared to the Nolan 102 I have it looks as good except no pinlock visor and it's not as comfortable.

I'll put up a review when I've used and abused it.
If you have eaten your breakfast, clean your bowl.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hi craig,

The reason i presumed their werent any magnets is because the tank bag was really light compared to mineB) .

Mine grips the tank like a "limpet" on a ship or the wife holding your wallet on payday:whistle: .

I use some of that rubber stuff on aroll and cut to shape and the magnets grip through that no probs,stayed on at well pat the ton:ohmy: .

what did people think of those jackets?
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

what did people think of those jackets?
Really good quality and a lot of jacket for the price.
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
Alphadog43

Post by Alphadog43 »

Following Aluns comments about the thermals being good quality I thought I would check out an Aldi store on the way home from the cotswolds.

I ended up buying two sets of compression thermals (one set for the Mrs), windstopper leggings, socks, jacket, chain & padlock.

The Jacket looks at least equal to a Frank Thomas Aqua Jacket that I used to own but with better armour. Lancaster Mick says he has been wearing one for two years so that is a good enough recomendation for me.

Change from £90 as well :)
V_King

Post by V_King »

just came back from lidl.
got a chocolate and a pair of gloves :lol:
was disappointed by the quality of the other stuff apart from waterproof overalls.
jacket with trousers looks well put together, but the textile is very flimsy, the fit is far from perfect and the protectors has poor ergonomics. would not like to skid on the tarmac with that suit. boots are ok, for sunday rider, for every day commuting, not sure. imho helmets are from the same factory as viper ones, with less quality control :/
also thermals were very unpleasant to the skin. i've got much nicer thermals from sports direct for a familiar price.
imho the mc kit is worth the price of aldi, not the price lidl wants. sad that i did not have a chance to take a look at aldi stuff :(
""
Selous

Post by Selous »

Well done it, went to Lidl got one of there helmets as a back up, now my own regular helmet is a 55-56 size this new one is a 57-58? the only difference i can see is mine is Italian & Lidl helmet is German & TUV approved.
Fitted ok so thought I would give it a go.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com

Return to “CLOTHING”