THROTTLE MATE Cuise control

The essential art of farkling.
prooney377

Re: THROTTLE MATE Cuise control

Post by prooney377 »

You do get a very fast delivery for that price though.
Why? Why not?
hodgerydoo

Post by hodgerydoo »

If you like that take a look at this, http://www.scottoiler.com/uk/products/crampbuster.html it lets you rest your hand while still actively controlling acceleration, apparently (not got one yet) :dry:
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

Flanners wrote:£2.50 postage! :unsure:
That is the cost first class recorded delivery,as we have had some people try it on,(not received it)this way it can't happen.
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Used one from Guatemala through to Montana - and it really worked well, easy to use and saved my ailing hands - then it snapped! Seems like there is a bit of a trend on the snapping front. Might well buy another one - but only perhaps if it was cheaper - or with a fix to stop them snapping!

The 'rocker' type - which I've used a lot in the past - are not bad, but not as good as the throttle mate, which allows you to completely release the handlebar, allowing for arm and shoulder flexing (as well as your digits). But that said, I've never had a throttle rocker snap on me!
Pat
Flanners

Post by Flanners »

jkclive1971 wrote:
Flanners wrote:£2.50 postage! :unsure:
That is the cost first class recorded delivery,as we have had some people try it on,(not received it)this way it can't happen.
Yep fair play to you
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

Mine and my husband's throttle mate snapped as well with in a few days of each other :ohmy:
But for a tenner each I bought 3 more, got one for my other bike as well B) Wouldn't be without one now.
We both have heated grips, not sure if this aided the snapping
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Bonniebird wrote:Mine and my husband's throttle mate snapped as well with in a few days of each other :ohmy:
But for a tenner each I bought 3 more, got one for my other bike as well B) Wouldn't be without one now.
Regarding the 'snapping' problem. Do people remove them often? Hense pulling it apart to get off and on -equals-stress fractures on the bendy bit.

I've got one on each of my bikes and they stay put. Not had one break.

Being as I did the review of the throttlemate I'd be interested as to why some break and others don't.

Ta
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Peejay wrote:
Bonniebird wrote:Mine and my husband's throttle mate snapped as well with in a few days of each other :ohmy:
Regarding the 'snapping' problem. Do people remove them often? Hense pulling it apart to get off and on -equals-stress fractures on the bendy bit.

I've got one on each of my bikes and they stay put. Not had one break.

Being as I did the review of the throttlemate I'd be interested as to why some break and others don't.

Ta
PJ - Mine wasn't removed once. Just during normal operation one day, it broke off! It had been getting quite a bit of use though - but it should be designed for that. But aside from the snapping problem, they are a great bit of kit.
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Thanks Pat, I'm sure JK and Dave will be interested in the feedback for future production.

Great achievement by the way, see you soon B)
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”