THROTTLE MATE Cuise control

The essential art of farkling.
sohoeasy

Re: THROTTLE MATE Cuise control

Post by sohoeasy »

Vindaloo wrote:Sorry, but if you're finding it too much bother to hold your throttle open for more than 5 mins without a bit of plastic to help you it might be time to thinking about moving on from biking ... :P

I do regular trips to the southern alps and Scandinavia, normally in one shot. I'm figuring this will prove it's worth as I normally get a bit tired on the throttle toward the end of the day. I'll be in riding Cherbourg / Spain this Friday coming,so hopefully I'll be back here with some positive feedback ! :)

Actually,if I could get hold of one of those little cars and slip a CBR motor into it I'd be well happy to run about in one. I like a laugh. :cheer:
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

Vindaloo wrote:Sorry, but if you're finding it too much bother to hold your throttle open for more than 5 mins without a bit of plastic to help you it might be time to thinking about moving on from biking ... :P

How does 5 minuets equate to 500 miles !??.
Vindaloo

Post by Vindaloo »

jkclive1971 wrote:

How does 5 minuets equate to 500 miles !??.
Duh. I have a KTM!

Anyway, I still think they're unnecessary.

I've managed 954 miles in a day without one. Perhaps you all just need some extra wrist exercise.
peterekins

Post by peterekins »

Was initialy against this little item, seemed a bit poinless. But everone on the forum seemed not to be able to live without, so for a few quid thought I'd give it a go.tried today, just 100 miles down Cromer, not many roads to benefit from such a device but I have to admit when I did use it was very impressed. Especialy on the way home.
Definatly give the hand a rest, woulnt call it a cruise control more a throttle assistance.Very good. Only thing, mine came in black, fluro might be better could see it getting put down and lost, other than that, great.
sohoeasy

Post by sohoeasy »

At last, arrived just in time thanks to JK sending (another) recorded delivery so that I can travel with it.

Top lad and good service. Off we go ! :)
Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

Bought mine at the Boil, I thought it was a brilliant bit of kit but it snapped today :unsure:

Don't let my experience put anyone off as I havn't heard of anyone else having a problem and the Tigers grips are thicker than most.

Whats it made of, polypropylene?
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

Mark1961 wrote:Is there a forum discount? :whistle:
Got a Tesco Club card as well............. :laugh:
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!
cozmo1589

Post by cozmo1589 »

I bought one recently, fitted and used it for first time yesterday on a run from Poole to London and back, total round trip of 290 miles. The Stelvio was averaging 40mpg, with this device fitted that rose to 44mpg. Not bad for a 1200 at steady 80mph me thinks with city riding thrown in the mix.

Should pay for its self in no time ;)
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

And it will,if not in fuel in time .
Vindaloo

Post by Vindaloo »

jkclive1971 wrote:And it will,if not in fuel in time .
I'm sorry to be the sceptic ...

How does it save fuel or time?

Return to “ACCESSORIES”