ANYONE USE TKC 80S

Post by jkclive1971 »

:silly: ADVICE PLEASE
scouse

Re: ANYONE USE TKC 80S

Post by scouse »

jkclive1971 wrote::silly: ADVICE PLEASE
Try turning the caps lock off ? :whistle:

Depends on which bike and what you want to use them for...
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

For a GSA my friend
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

It depends how you ride. If you are going to be doing lots of fairly local offroading then they will be perfect. But they don't last that long at highway speeds.
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

Cheers thinking of the winter just want to keep on going
africajim

Post by africajim »

Ok, had a set on the Mighty Varadero, great offroad, grip is great on loose stuff.
Life on the road's another story, less than 2000 miles and the rear's in the bin!
I'm back to Anakees, bad enough changing tyres twice a yr without changing three or four sets.
On the tar they're a bit vague compared to the Anakees, not very confidence inspiriing and that's in the dry!
Roads are wet in the winter, not much snow nowadays, I'd settle for a good road tyre with grip in the wet, my money would be on the Michelin Anakee 2's!
Honda, the power of dreams.
scouse

Post by scouse »

Need something more road biased in that case like Anakees or Tourances
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Breva

Post by Breva »

I had Bridgestone Battleax on my transalp, I can recommend them for wet or dry conditions and just as important they last well too.
magwa

Post by magwa »

jkclive1971 wrote:Cheers thinking of the winter just want to keep on going
TKC's alright off road or slow speed in the dry.....
Ist bit of rain and they are NOT good in the wet on tarmac
They also wear out incredibly fast on tarmac
Better stick to anakee's or try Continental Escapes...
I have escapes on my Africa Twin and will be putting them on my GSA next:)
http://www.conti-online.com/generator/w ... pe_en.html
Live Long

Die Oblong

Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

If you want to get off road, throw some TKCs on. Increased grip, increased confidence, increased fun.

Back on the road they perform very well for what they are and have kept me safe through snow and rain. However, they are not as good as a road tyre and so you just have forego the pegscraping corners.

The negative side is the mileage, I squeezed just under 4,000 miles out of mine and I really shouldn't have. The soft rubber that keeps those knobbles gripping on tarmac does not take kindly to long runs. Also, I've noticed that my mpg has suffered since putting them on (less rolling speed perhaps?).

I'm about to stick a new TKC rear on this morning (definateley two rears to one front) as at the mo I can't afford two tourances (my original multi-purpose tyre and the one of choice), but I'll certainly have no concerns about winter riding on them.

...as an after thought...anyone fancy doing a review on their tyre in the reviews section...on the off chance when I have next need tyres I don't go for tourances. :)
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung

Return to “ACCESSORIES”