Soft Panniers

The essential art of farkling.
Orsoncarts

Soft Panniers

Post by Orsoncarts »

Guys,I'm looking at getting some wolfman soft Panniers for my Gs800.Now I know they're not that big compared to metal ones,but I do have an Otelieb bag for the tent/matts etc etc.Does
anyone have any experience of these,or reasons why I should'nt buy them.I am also buying the
appropriate rack,which can be easily removed when I just want to ride local.
Thanks in advance...
Steve
I have absolutely no idea how to add a signature....!
Marco46

Re: Soft Panniers

Post by Marco46 »

Hello
I'm off to the bike show this Sunday with the intention of buying the Touratech rack for my F800gs and then get the Wolfman panniers... Spoke to the guys at Winding Roads (nice people to talk to), and they reckon that they are a fantastic alternative to ally panniers.
I choose the Touratech rack as against the Wolfman, because they look a bit better. But will watch this thread to see what peeps say..
Marco ;)
GB

Post by GB »

Oh, a 800 bit, I'm needing some form of luggage for mine :)
Finally back on a GS :D
stewmarsh

Post by stewmarsh »

Hi marco46 picking my f800gs nxt month just got the touratech rails the look great I was going to get the wolfman bags but think I'm going for the new kriega overland bags and back plate have a look at them at the show 4x15lt bags or as I would have it 3x15lt bags and a rotopax fuel can.
I'm not on comission
I think soft bags are the way to go
Stewmarsh
GB

Post by GB »

I looked at the Kriega bags at the NEC, nice.
Finally back on a GS :D
Marco46

Post by Marco46 »

Nice one Stewmarsh, will do. There is also the new Oxford panniers...Your right though, the touratech racks look better and more robust..
Harty

Post by Harty »

I have the Wolfman expedition panniers and rack for my WR250, plus a duffle bag for the rear. Excellent bit of kit and fully waterproof. I dropped my bike in a river twice last year and all my kit stayed dry, plus I have greenlaned in some rough terrain with them and they've stood up great. My mate who's in the trade got the lot for me for £320, so something like £60 off from Winding Roads.

As an added option, you can also purchase the mounting plate to carry an extra 4 gallons of fuel or water Rotopax fuel cans
.....eat my dirt!
Orsoncarts

Post by Orsoncarts »

Bike show??? bike show??? wheres that then?
I have absolutely no idea how to add a signature....!
Marco46

Post by Marco46 »

Oxford RT30 are about £68 each. Wolfman Expedition Dry Panniers / Saddle Bags are about £170 pair. :unsure:
Marco46

Post by Marco46 »

Excel London, mate...Started today until this Sunday.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”