Soft Panniers

The essential art of farkling.
LargeWayRound

Re: Soft Panniers

Post by LargeWayRound »

I have the same panniers as Minkyhead....Looks like they have slightly re-designed them from the set I have .

http://www.ortlieb.co.uk/motorcycle/mot ... ebags.html

They have changed the back of the bags , adding padding

Very good bags, light , waterproof and fairly cheap at £150 , (I got mine secondhand at £70)
Ed T

Post by Ed T »

I have the Wolfman Expedition Dry in yellow for better visibility. I can't say anything bad about them. I fell down on Morocco, near Merzouga, at 80 kph and they weren't damaged. They're really tough. Only two of the mounting straps on the racks were ripped, but you can still use them as normal soft panniers, though I've bought another set of straps to have some as spare and substitute the broken ones.

I also use an Ortlieb Rack Pack for camping equipment, or when I'm going on short trips.
Attachments
wolfmans.JPG
wolfmans.JPG (44.03 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
Only a biker knows why the dogs stick their heads outside the window

http://losviajesdeed.wordpress.com
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

cheers LWR, might have to get me a pair of those for the new bike

:)
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

No problem .. The only tricky bit with the Ortlieb bags is the straps , but with practice there is no problem fitting , p.s. I used soft pannier racks on my TA.
dazedproductions

Post by dazedproductions »

I have the ortliebs as well and rate them. Use them on a ktm exc with custom rack and on ktm 690 (currently with no rack). There is a reason the oxfords are cheap...
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

The oxfords are bought separately so you need 2 to make a set £68 x 2 = £136
so not so far off the ortliebs.
dazedproductions

Post by dazedproductions »

Ok, so there are two reasons why the Oxfords are cheap ;)
Gulpstella

Post by Gulpstella »

Arn't oxfords abit old hat, crap zips, crap strapping system, crap waterproof covers which fly off? Good for MCN and the like to bleat on about, ok for sportsbikes on short trips, but not in the same league as wolfman.

I bought a set of the waterproof wolfman panniers for a 600km offroad trail ride through Portugal last year. I didn't want massive hard panniers which make your bike as wide as a bus and bang ya legs if your paddling. Those wolfman ones can roll down as you get rid of stuff eg rations, and they strap to your bike so well you could drag the thing by the panniers. I found them totally waterproof, fairly easy to take on and off, totally secure. They come with velcro buckles which will attach to most panniers rails or you can buy there own rails with buckle loops attached.

me,far too much luggage, Picos

mate, a wider bike, same trip, near Bay of Cadiz
Selous

Post by Selous »

Orsoncarts wrote:Guys,I'm looking at getting some wolfman soft Panniers for my Gs800.Now I know they're not that big compared to metal ones,but I do have an Otelieb bag for the tent/matts etc etc.Does
anyone have any experience of these,or reasons why I should'nt buy them.I am also buying the
appropriate rack,which can be easily removed when I just want to ride local.
Thanks in advance... Steve
Hi I have some oxford soft panniers, from a few old bikes back I still used till I got this bike she came with givi panniers, I still use my otleib roll bag on top for tent + other items.

I have found it is a matter ofthe size of hard pannier, 'some' people go for the biggest panniers others don't either way if / when you drop your bike the panniers are there, they will either get ripped or dented pending soft or hard panniers, I can see both sides of the fence, however when with my GF camped up, I dont worry if I leave the panners on the bike or take them off the bike leave in the tent.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
Marco46

Post by Marco46 »

Got'em...
Black Wolfman ex-display ( 20% off ) , panniers from Winding Roads.....Touratech rack.. Happy dayz. :woohoo:

Return to “ACCESSORIES”