eBike helmet with peak

The essential art of farkling.
garyboy

eBike helmet with peak

Post by garyboy »

£21.50 off Amazon .. helmet with peak, for my eBike.
bigger than expected, but plenty of room to stuff with foam or something, as dont seem very bash practical (impact resistance) as thin liner, but thin abs and leather finish..
for sun and flies (remember them?) and wind, as i ride without eye protection, as they steam up lol.

ImageIMG-20221228-WA0000 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr

wot u reckon?
mark vb

Re: eBike helmet with peak

Post by mark vb »

Hmmm.... each to their own, but as a keen-ish emtb-er, I prefer the more usual, vented lid from an aesthetic viewpoint. Without vents, it may get a touch sweaty in warmer weather? It also kind of looks a bit too 'horsey' for me! But, as with everything, if you like it, that's really all that matters 🙂 What safety standard(s) does it conform to?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

As is, I don't think it would be much good for protection, and would certainly need some effective cushioning inside, .. but it looks waterproof, and it is the peak that I want.
I found trail helmets good, in terms of peak, and like their usefulness.
Sweating, yes, will be a problem, but I will not wear those silly modern open plan twat heads lol. (twat, as in twat suits) but don't condemn those that choose to lo0k like that. I mean, even lycra has its place. just .. not on a bike lol.
Anyway, I'll give it a try, and I still have my old white proper cycle helmet. that is far more protective, and surprisingly waterproof despite small breather holes.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

You'll need to combine it with a pair of jodhpurs and riding crop to complete the look Gary :D
Its a trick............get an Axe
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Asgard wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:38 pm You'll need to combine it with a pair of jodhpurs and riding crop to complete the look Gary :D
Mmmm .. now that's a thought, .. I could use my horse riding body protector , which I have never used (seemed a good idea at the time) and get my whip out of the bedroom (as if), get into my bike saddle, and go for a long ride, .. but I will draw the line at jodhpurs, preferring my sleek black nylon base trousers. But the capping feature, of course, will be .. my horsey cap. :D
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

tried out my helmet today ... oo er ..
it was better than i expected tbh
i wore a thick balaclava under it, to take up the slack, and it was very effective, despite being still a bit too big.
loved the peak ..... good for sun visor (no sun today tho lol) and bending down for tree branches, and i guess it would be good for avoiding gnats and bumblies.

Image20221230_153444 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr

Return to “ACCESSORIES”