Wunderlich brake/clutch levers - anyone buy/use them

The essential art of farkling.
Steve398

Wunderlich brake/clutch levers - anyone buy/use them

Post by Steve398 »

Has anyone bought a set of these, and what do you think of them?

They are hideously expensive but will, I hope, resolve the problem on my BMW R1200RTLC where the clutch biting point being just that little bit far out for my hands, or more accurately my arthritic middle and ring finger… old age strikes!

I’m aware of the adjustment that can be made via the little screw thingy, but not enough.

Wunderlich is saying this -

Vario Levers represent a revolution in ergonomics, functionality and safety. In addition to allowing adjustable reach, they are also adjustable in length. These levers allow precise adjustment to exactly suit the needs of the rider in various situations and additionally, really look great. Adjusted all the way in, the levers are about 1/2 inch closer to the grip however it actually feels like more because the shape of the lever is more parallel to the handlebar than the stock lever.

Snake oil? I don't know...
catcitrus

Re: Wunderlich brake/clutch levers - anyone buy/use them

Post by catcitrus »

Check for Chinese alternatives off fleabay--I have used the billet , shaped and span adjustable levers on several bikes including offroad--never had a failure or problem--and typically about 25 quid a set. I have small hands and I'm slightly arthritic so the correct setting is vital.
Steve398

Post by Steve398 »

I have fitted the Wunderlich levers,the reach problem has been resolved by the shape of the respective lever bringing the clutch point closer.
Toe

Post by Toe »

One of my first points of call is looking at a company that makes adjustable levers and their fitment list. From that you can see what other bikes use the same lever fitment, sometimes you get OEM or another brand that has an adjustable as original fitment.

Pazzo is very helpful for this https://www.pazzoracing.com/guide.html. ebay items often have a fitment list too but can be more faff trying to find an item with the list.
In this case it seems to be a BMW specific fitment but does fit a wide range of models.

Otherwise BikeTek is a known budget brand for what it's worth (sold by bike accessory websites not just ebay).
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM

Return to “ACCESSORIES”