Bluetooth headsets- again.

The essential art of farkling.
redbikejohn

Bluetooth headsets- again.

Post by redbikejohn »

So new bike time so I'm getting new gear too. Sick and tired of my cardo bluetooth headset issues so time to buy new. Cardo is great at first but if you ride all year the connections don't last. Been struggling with speaker connections for ages now. Talktime/battery life is also poor now.

So - what can you recommend? Must have good satnav/phone/music/pillion integration. I did do a search buy results are fairly old so I'd like some feedback on newer models.
Last edited by redbikejohn on Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
bowber

Re: Bluetooth headsets- again.

Post by bowber »

We've been using Interphone units for a lot of years, our latest ones are interphone sport and have been fine in all weather for 3 years now, seem to last all day with no problem, my wife has her's connected to her phone too so her battery is always lower than mine and is usually low by the end of a long day, mine is usually medium.
I think they have a newer model line-up out now as well.
I've never used any of the other makes other than the really cheap ebay ones so I can't comment of how they compare.

Steve
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

I've got a pair of Cardo Scala G4 units which are 10 or 11 years old now, and they still work perfectly. I have recently upgraded to a Packtalk Bold intercom, purely because the G4 wouldn't connect to the TFT on my GSA. Battery life is certainly better on the G4 units.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

We have used Sena for a number of years. Their bluetooth headsets work great and their older models still work with current models. Prior to that we used Interphone but didn't get on with it if there were more than 3 riders connected, for some reason but it was still good.. At times we've had 5 riders connected on Sena without a problem. I use mine for playing music and taking calls when I'm out on my own and the quality is first-class. Their current models use 'mesh' technology...whatever that is...but it's meant to be good.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
jasext

Post by jasext »

Sena SMH 10, had for around 10 years no problem. Not sure what the current models are like though
InvictaMoto

Post by InvictaMoto »

I keep an eye on these posts as my ancient Cardo Scala Teamset is getting a bit long in the tooth.

It's not the unit itself but the boom is wearing. Sadly they don't make this type any more and there seems to be no NOS stock.Image

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

I have a teamset boom at home I think. Will check and see
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).

Return to “ACCESSORIES”