Speed Camera/Gun Detector

The essential art of farkling.
MotoCP

Speed Camera/Gun Detector

Post by MotoCP »

Any recommendations for hardware/apps to help me avoid getting anymore speeding fines?
I’ve just received another dreaded letter exactly a year since the last one so about to get another three points (speed awareness course not an option!).

I normally run the Waze app when in the van which gives alerts but both times I’ve been done were on the bike.
I don’t use a headset on the bike as I’ve got bad tinnitus so wear earplugs all the time but I’m sure there are options out there for noise cancelling audio.

Any recommendations apart from the obvious advise - slow down!
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Speed Camera/Gun Detector

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I've got a speed awareness course next month!
72 mph in a van, heading west, Puddletown bypass near Dorchester.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Didn't realise vans have lower limits. Bit odd really. Nobody seems to stick to it.
Ref headset - you can hear them with earplugs in.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Maybe slow down ;)
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Everyone buy a can of spray paint :twisted:
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

bond_yzf wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:54 am Maybe slow down ;)
Yes dear!
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:30 am Everyone buy a can of spray paint :twisted:
It was a mobile speed trap. I was tempted to walk back with the dog and chuck a few tacks under the wheels as I walked past.
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

redbikejohn wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:53 am Didn't realise vans have lower limits. Bit odd really. Nobody seems to stick to it.
It’s often 10mph less in a van on country roads and dual carriageways unless you’ve got windows and seats in the back like my T5 Kombi (V5 states ‘Diesel Car’)
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

My truck satnav allows you to put in the vehicle type that you are driving and it alerts you to when you are speeding, when there are average cameras, mobile speed cameras etc etc that are applicable to that vehicle. Good bit of kit BUT you spend forever cancelling the warnings because there are so many potential camera sites and like many people I treat speed limits as a target.
My daily driver has been a van for the last 14 years and I do try to be aware of the 'national limit' because that is the one where it is easy to keep up with the flow of traffic without realising I am speeding for the class of vehicle I'm driving.
You could try fitting smaller wheels/tyres so that your speedo 'over reads' compared to your actual speed, lol. Or buy a slower bike.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

you can download Waze on your phone Chris and still see the camera icons location as you drive without audio! (i think) and your mount is on the bar in front of you so you can keep an eye on it all the time. Or buy a moody radar scanner from the dark web :lol: !!!

Return to “ACCESSORIES”