Wraptie luggage straps

Post by zimtim »

This came up on one of my feeds.
https://wraptie.net/
Looks interesting wondering if anyone has used and what your thought were
Agent Orange

Re: Wraptie luggage straps

Post by Agent Orange »

Brother bought some stuff, not received yet, but used DEC2020 as a discount code.
He bought the Expidition Bundle
Hths
chrisjk

Post by chrisjk »

They look very similar to Andystrapz that have been around for a good while. https://www.andystrapz.com

I am not normally a fan of velcro type fastenings which at times are positively awful - think jacket collars where the attachment with hooks rubs against your neck, the hooks in some stuff get clogged with fibres from just about everything etc etc. Having said which I do acknowlege it can be very useful stuff.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

We've made our own velcro straps in the past for transport packaging of machinery and her ladyship uses it for fixing just about everything.
My soft saddle bags rely on velcro fixings.
https://www.mpdhookandloop.com/index.ph ... on/bespoke
gbags

Post by gbags »

I’m not sure about Velcro but ROK Straps are flawless.

https://rokstraps.com

They come in various sizes and I’ve never seen anything better. Can’t recommend them highly enough.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

gbags wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:27 pm I’m not sure about Velcro but ROK Straps are flawless.

https://rokstraps.com

They come in various sizes and I’ve never seen anything better. Can’t recommend them highly enough.
Many of Liz's velcro fixes are to replace the type of buckle/latch that ROK (and many others) use. We do use stuff well beyond its best though, the last fix was to some luggage I was given for my 35th birthday which was in another century.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

After doing a bit more.reseach and reading and watching some reviews on YouTube.
I thought I would get some Wrapties for the website. Of course perks mean I have to have a some for myself.
Well I had a little play around yesterday with the two that I thought would bemthe.most useful to me the Sport 90 (black) and the Classic 130 (orange)
The Sport 90 is really good easily held the lomo 30ltr in place firmly
The Classic 130 took the Lomo and a very large sleeping mat

The best thing with this straps is that the excess strap velcros back on to itself no more long excessive straps that need tucking away.
And it all looks so much neater to
Pack size is also good.

No more Rok straps for me. These just are going to be so much more easier to live with and use. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Nokia 5.3 using Tapatalk

catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

nothing wrong with Rok Straps--especially the thinner ones--and they are elasticated?--are these elasticated ,or simply webbing and velcro?
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

catcitrus wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:24 am nothing wrong with Rok Straps--especially the thinner ones--and they are elasticated?--are these elasticated ,or simply webbing and velcro?
Elasticated
And no nothing wrong with rokstraps, just found these far easier to use and neater especially in respect to the excess strap once youve tied you luggage (or whatever) down
With Wrapties the excess can just be velcroed back on to itself. With no worry of an excess strap getting caught up on wheels or chains. That shouldn't happen but as.we all know it can and does
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

The great thing about ROK straps is that you can tie both ends on separately BEFORE you launch the bags on, then simply click together and then pretension the green (or black) elasticated bit with a simple pull. I agree that sometimes you have to "lose" a bit of excess but I normally tie this off as secondary support as a fail safe. They are quality and last for ages--I'm not about to change over just for the odd "Loose end". I have no relationship with a supplier , just years of excellent use with even the small ones holding a Kriega tailpack in place during numerous offroad excursions. Anyway, good luck with the product.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”