Heated waistcoat

The essential art of farkling.
Asgard

Re: Heated waistcoat

Post by Asgard »

Thanks chaps, I'll investigate the suggestions :)
Its a trick............get an Axe
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

If i was buying my heated clothing again, I’d go for the jacket rather than the gilet , just for the convenience of plugging the gloves into it, rather than having to run wires down the arms every time you put it on.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

dibbs wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:02 pm I have a Keis heated Gillet and its very good, doesn't catch fire!!! and keeps your core warm front and back. As said go for either Gerbring or Keis as they are the leaders for this sort of thing, oh and you can also get heated gloves and socks that can plug into the jacket as well if your that cold lol... and they all run from the bike battery.. I do get cold hands even with heated grips, and i tried their gloves at a show once and they are brilliant as they warm the back of your hand which feels nice, but they're not cheap!! I think if i were a dispatch rider i would push the boat out....
Bpought a Keis years ago, mainly for its expandibility with gloves, socks etc. ALSO, it'll run off the keis battery pack too.

I wondered if the gear would run off one of the compact starter powerpak battery that are about now??
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

SHarper wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:47 pm If i was buying my heated clothing again, I’d go for the jacket rather than the gilet , just for the convenience of plugging the gloves into it, rather than having to run wires down the arms every time you put it on.
I had a heated waistcoat for years, now have a Gerbing jacket & I have to say, the difference the heated arms makes is noticeable!

For hands I'm old school & use heated grips & some rather fetching muffs......

D
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Agreed if i bought another one it would be a jacket, worth the extra to keep your arms warm...
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

Chalky723 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:25 am
For hands I'm old school & use heated grips & some rather fetching muffs......
IMO you can’t beat being wrist deep in muff
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

That should be “you can’t beat being wrist deep in a furry muff”

Tucano urbano’s are my preferred choice of handlebar muff
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

Peirre wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:52 am That should be “you can’t beat being wrist deep in a furry muff”

Tucano urbano’s are my preferred choice of handlebar muff
I disagree, the word furry in your version is tautological and delays the listener getting to the comical use of the word muff.

I use Barkbuster Blizzard’s they look tons better and are a little less restrictive than the Tucanos.
If anyone in my area needs a set of Tucana Urbanos there’s a set here.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

I've ordered the Keis waistcoat, thanks again for advice

edit...it came today quickly fitted.... took the husky out for a quick blast..toasty :D
Its a trick............get an Axe
Geecee68

Post by Geecee68 »

I got one off Ebay this time last year. It was dirt cheap, £20. My expectations were pretty low. It has a USB plug in the right hand pocket and a little silicon rubber press button that switches it on and cycles through the heat settings.

I used it all through last winter! you need a hefty power pack if you are using it around the garden or when walking the dog. On the bike I use a USB extension cord (and plug it into the bike), and wear it over a few layers. You get great heat build up and thats all I wanted. I dare say more money would buy a better quality vest, pads and everything, but for £20?

Return to “ACCESSORIES”