Didgeridoo Dungaree

The essential art of farkling.
daveuprite

Didgeridoo Dungaree

Post by daveuprite »

I have just been bought a smart phone - my first ever!

Tracie asked which one I wanted. I said I didn't, and that I was quite happy to continue with smoke signals and semaphore, but she was determined to get me one anyway - so I asked for something tough to survive trips on the bike / in a backpack etc. My fellow mudplugger Matt uses a DOOGEE S60, and recommended it, so I've got one of those.

It looks like this:

It just arrived and I must say it's an impressive thing. Feels very solid, quite heavy and made of proper metal, not crappy plastic. It can do an awful lot of things I have pretty much no idea about, but I like the fact that it can be dropped from a height, works underwater, can be frozen in ice, sealed in concrete and even run over by a car tyre - and will still work - apparently. I'll try not to test too many of those features.

It can take pictures too, which is cool. And the camera has something called 'beauty mode' - which I shall definitely be needing. It even requires my fingerprint to start up - very James Bond.

Can anyone recommend a good motorcycle handlebar mounting for it? For an enduro bike. Bear in mind that the on/off, volume, SOS and other buttons are on the sides of the phone so I need a clamp that doesn't interfere with them. Maybe one that grabs the corners, not the sides. Cheers.
Last edited by daveuprite on Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PHILinFRANCE

Re: Didgeridoo Dungaree

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Wooohooo welcome out of the 12th century :lol: now ask Trace to put you on 2 wheel fools
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Jesus that'll confuse you Dave... Load it with osmand plus or viewranger topo ign France... For a bar mount I'd use a ram u bolt and short arm too a ram xl quick grip... Bloody solid even for your riding style...

Turn it to aeroplane mode when navigating as it makes battery last all day... I've a blackview bv6100... Love it...
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Blimey Dave...welcome to this century. Hopefully it's fully crash proof :lol: now get on playstore, and start downloading those apps ;)
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Tramp wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:22 pm Jesus that'll confuse you Dave... Load it with osmand plus or viewranger topo ign France... For a bar mount I'd use a ram u bolt and short arm too a ram xl quick grip... Bloody solid even for your riding style...

Turn it to aeroplane mode when navigating as it makes battery last all day... I've a blackview bv6100... Love it...
Thanks Russ. All noted.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

The thing is did it say it was Dave proof 🙈🤕
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

diggermanbob wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:57 pm The thing is did it say it was Dave proof 🙈🤕
Good point Bob. Why did I pay them for it? They should be paying me to test it for them....
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

chunky butt wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:30 pm Blimey Dave...welcome to this century. Hopefully it's fully crash proof :lol: now get on playstore, and start downloading those apps ;)
Funny you should say that, Stevey. Trace has just helped me to download an app. called 'FUCK-OFF' For Greenlaners. It's designed to prevent dickheads from falling off their enduro bikes. Just before you hit that hidden branch or moss-covered rock the phone vibrates and shouts 'fuck-off!'. I'll see how well it works on Sunday week up in the Monts De Blond.
MR X

Post by MR X »

Feck me i thought i was seeing things :o :o

Now you just have to get on an use it , crack the screen and you will be well on your way :lol:
MR X

Post by MR X »

IMG_E9787.JPG
IMG_E9787.JPG (154.24 KiB) Viewed 2469 times
IMG_E9789.JPG
IMG_E9789.JPG (178.3 KiB) Viewed 2469 times
now lets get on with project bike 8-)

Return to “ACCESSORIES”