Quality small compressor

The essential art of farkling.
StevieC

Re: Quality small compressor

Post by StevieC »

OnHellas wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:27 pm

Depending on what bike you have it may trip out the supplied 12V socket. It did on my F800GS anyway.
I had to have a socket wired direct from the battery.
Yes, my compressor blows the fuse on my GSA1250 too - I've put croc clips on mine.
The side panel cover comes off easily to get at the battery.
dazcoates

Post by dazcoates »

Thanks for all the info.
Yoyo

Post by Yoyo »

Peirre wrote:
Katanamak wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:34 pm For off-road use before moose’s used a stripped down 12v car one.
AA, RAC OR Rolson Etc all sell for under £15 from outlets like TK Max . Or visit Lidl/ Aldi
Take the cover off and you’ve got a great 100psi pump
Wilkos used to do one manufactured by the RING brand, munched loved by the GSA fraternity, but any of the generic 12v pumps are suitable. At a past HU meeting it was stated that these simple pumps with their case stripped off are ideal, just remember to add a couple of zip ties to the pump body so you can hang it up & keep it clean while using it, they also get extremely warm when used so it’s not recommended to hold them. A simple vinyl pencil case is ideal to store these together with your plugs or worms
I used to sell of cheap air compressors when I worked in Machine Mart as loads came back faulty, I opened a few to find they had become so hot the solder had come off the motor.

I've used one for year, I've put a decent amount of solder on the wire and if I need to use it for an extended period I let it cool down for a bit halfway through.

Get a £5 one, strip off the case and you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

mr_diver

Post by mr_diver »

Yeah, what Yoyo said.
My vstrom had loads of space under the seat, but when I swapped to a Varadero I was very disappointed with the underseat space.

I ended up smashing the glued together mini compressor case, replacing the lighter socket plug with croc clips.

Many of the accessory sockets oem fitted are rated 1-2amp where they need to be 10amp for the compressors.

Some just swap the fuse, but then the wiring is not rated to 10amp and may melt and cause a fire.

Croc clips are the way forward and will work on any vehicle with a battery!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The Rantings of A Crazed Lunatic.

dazcoates

Post by dazcoates »

I've now got a compressor that comes as standard with "new" minis. Cut the case down , just need waterproof connector now .

Return to “ACCESSORIES”