Ktm 990 adv farkles

The essential art of farkling.
Teflon Jnr

Ktm 990 adv farkles

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Good evening fellow abr's I'm looking at upgrading my ktm 990 adv a lot I want to take off the heed crash bars and replace with standard ones as I want a high front fender if anyone is interested in a swop.i want to upgrade handlebars and the suspension will be reworked in due course I want to either add the rally raid headlight the one without the bubble screen or the raid garage screen has anyone had any experience with either also I want to change the seat to the anniversary edition again any experience and I want to remove the Airbox and add a free flowing filter I've looked at the rottweiler one and the gfrago base plate with itg again any experience as this baby is staying in the stable and want the best out off it I can get for my money I will be buying a 1290 sadvr in the next 2 years as my play thing but this is for everything else
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
Agent Orange

Re: Ktm 990 adv farkles

Post by Agent Orange »

I wouldn't bother with the rottweiler airbox mod, seems a waste of money for the gain. If you want faster acceleration, change the Sprockets, cheaper too.
Go for a Black Dog bashplate, these things will survive a nuclear war.
Was never a fan of the high mudguard, as the tanks and front fairing seem to spoil the look your trying to achieve. If your thinking of doing it for off road riding, never had a problem with my OE mudguard. And I've been in some mud, any deeper and you shouldn't be init on a 200KG bike.
Cher Ching with the rest and good luck mate
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Cheers al I'll bear that I mind I do have a adv spec bash plate already and think that wood withstand a bomb

Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

What sprockets would you suggest I'd like to get the front wheel up a bit in controlled environments obviously but even with the wheelie control switched of I cant get the front in the air what am I doing wrong lol

Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Teflon Jnr wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:11 pm Cheers al I'll bear that I mind I do have a adv spec bash plate already and think that wood withstand a bomb
Read this mate, may need to take what they say in, as it may cost you lots.

https://www.ktmforum.co.uk/threads/bash-plate.1140354/
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Teflon Jnr wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:13 pm What sprockets would you suggest I'd like to get the front wheel up a bit in controlled environments obviously but even with the wheelie control switched of I cant get the front in the air what am I doing wrong lol
TBH I run standard Sprocket.
16/45 will give you a snappier feel but will also be a tad more thirsty.
I take it you mean ABS. I used to just take the fuse out of the ABS off road, use the sat nav for speed. Far left in the fuse box :mrgreen:
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I stuck a piece oh high-density rubber foam over the bolts on mine.

You can also invert the bolts, so the countersunk heads are facing the engine. This does leave the nuts and bolt 'tails' sticking down and out though.

My GiT bashplate has served me well, riding on a stoney surface you hear a constant clang of it deflecting flying rocks etc.

Be warned though, anything you put in the 'useful' storage compartment inside will get filthy and wet.
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:34 pm I stuck a piece oh high-density rubber foam over the bolts on mine.

You can also invert the bolts, so the countersunk heads are facing the engine. This does leave the nuts and bolt 'tails' sticking down and out though.
Exactly, if your riding to an off road weekend, it's a pain in the asre doing that. Just pull the fuse.
I watched someone doing what you suggested, but he was putting washers under the bolts, then I told him, how I got around it. I saw him again about 6 months later, hey guess what :mrgreen:
Try before you buy.
Spanners out on your knees or ...open cubby hole, remove fuse and carry on :roll:
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Not many 950/990 owners get on this forum anymore.
If you want too know anything then either the KTM forum adventure section but to honest that has died a death for the 9#0 owners
So really best bet is on the Facebook
https://m.facebook.com/groups/100682569 ... =bookmarks.
Lots of very knowledgeable and helpful people on there.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Teflon Jnr wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:13 pm What sprockets would you suggest I'd like to get the front wheel up a bit in controlled environments obviously but even with the wheelie control switched of I cant get the front in the air what am I doing wrong lol
It's a nice torquey V-twin so go for fairly low-speed wheelies. Start trying in 2nd gear, so that it doesn't get too lairy if you screw it up. Accelerate up to about 4 or 5 thousand revs and maintain those revs, pull in the clutch, keeping the revs up, give the front brake a pull to compress the front end, release it quickly and at the same time ping out the clutch lever as the suspension rebounds. All at almost the same time. Up you go. If it gets too skyward use the rear brake to bring you back down. You will probably crash back down harder than you'd like until you get the hang of it, so do it in the dry in a large deserted car park. When you've done that 100 times and got it just right you can try finding the balance point and balancing revs with back brake to maintain it. When you've done that 100 times and got good at it, try changing gear in the air and still maintaining the balance point. When you've done that 100 times, find 35 double decker buses and build a couple of ramps. See you in A&E...

Return to โ€œACCESSORIESโ€