Sunglasses

The essential art of farkling.
Mike54

Sunglasses

Post by Mike54 »

What are people using for sunglasses with open face lids? Ideally wrap around, must be wide though for my fat head. Polarized lenses if pos. What are you using?
dynax

Re: Sunglasses

Post by dynax »

I wear dewalt tinted safety glasses from screwfix about £5 a pair 8-)
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Road or trail use?
The trouble with sunglasses comes when you go into dark areas under trees etc. It has made it pointless down here where most lanes are deep cut and tree lined.
I only wear sunglasses and a trials lid for horse trials where it would be 99% open ground.
Photochromic would be a tad better but don't go clear very quickly so still not much help.
Can you get an open face with a decent peak and flip down sun visor? Possibly a better option.
I wear full face and have a thin strip at the top of the visor on my road lid and rely on the peak with the Tour X4. That usually covers most options.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Randolph Aviator, as in "Top Gun".

Bought them the same time as I was buying some shooting glasses direct from USA and at the time much cheaper than here.

They now live in the car as I use a Shoei Neotec helmet with a drop down sun visor.

Cool in a retro sort of way, but expensive for what they are. But after nearly 20 years, still in perfect condition, so cost per year is low.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

I'd never wear glasses for trail riding, only decent quality googles eg 100%.

This is more for road use with a GS, so big screen etc ( I know, I'm getting old :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Rose tinted ones might be handy at the moment.
Cheers
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

Off road, safety glasses.
On road Polaroid prescription varifocals. Had them made with the"reading glasses" section set lower than standard. I only need glasses for reading. Just helps with details on the satnav, stoping to check a map etc. Aviator style because they generally fit well into a helmet. Good to see others wear open face lids.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Lomo glasses for me, £15 with three QD lenses types - dark, clear and, if you want to mimic Ali G, there's orange ones as well. Look good with my Bell Riot open lid. And comfy, too - on my second pair now and would buy again. If you need reading capacity, small sticky lense pads can be stuck at the bottom of the main lenses.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Like the sound of the lomo ones but sadly no measurements on their website. mind you at 15 quid they can go back if not right
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Bolle safety glasses for me, been using them for years, plenty of colours and comfort frames. Got some clear bi focal ones for reading sat nav, and they are excellent........not that I can read a sat nav mind, as others on here will verify no doubt :lol: :lol:

Return to “ACCESSORIES”