Drones

The essential art of farkling.
Bryn

Re: Drones

Post by Bryn »

We use a Mavic Air and it's superb. I found the first few flights to be incredibly nerve-wracking, seeing our new expensive toy so high up, but the thing takes incredible photos for the mag
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

ive found the dji spark to be a very good package ..its very very compact and produces pretty high quality images ..the follow me function is limited and depends a lot on the conntrol unit keeping sight of the drone ...it is really a fly only ..but if there two of you its easy enough and is fine for a airial tripod if that make sense .... i damaged one by standing under a tree ...my fault but managed to get a reconditioed one for 250 quid ..and thts a good point the actual drone can be had for less than a go pro camera ...it flies well isnt difficuult to manage ..just take a bit of practice ....the flymore packs can be had for 300 and odd quid on e bay ...they seen to hold up well ..as long as you dont fly em int a tree
a good little compact drone that doesnt cost the earth ....could do a lot worse ..the new mavic mini looks a step up from the spark but still at reasonable money battery life is quoted at 30mins where as the spark is maby 12 14

Last edited by minkyhead on Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Bryn wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:45 am We use a Mavic Air and it's superb. I found the first few flights to be incredibly nerve-wracking, seeing our new expensive toy so high up, but the thing takes incredible photos for the mag
Donkeys years ago we went to Chobham Common and a bunch of guys were flying radio controlled plans.
One guy was regaling everyone how his had taken two years to build as it was so big.
Up in the air it went, did one close circuit and then just disappeared over the horizon. Doubt he ever got it back.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “ACCESSORIES”