Puncture repair - tubed tyres

The essential art of farkling.
smudger272

Re: Puncture repair - tubed tyres

Post by smudger272 »

Dibbs it's as if you change tyres every time we go out being the guru you are lol
smudger272

Post by smudger272 »

Dibbs just uses his teeth being the guru he is
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

put 2 heavy duty tubes in before you go and carry 2 light weight spares with you. I carry a repair kit and 3 tyre levers. I use my shower gel to ease the tyres on and off save carrying anything else.
Cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
doctor

Post by doctor »

I am a fan of the slime but definitely not the instant repair and inflate in an aerosol, didn't work for a mate at the weekend. Use slime in Quads and other farm equipment all the time, works brill. Just need to carry a mini compressor.
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Defo the Motion Pro Combo Levers, and some sort of lube for the rim :huh: not a fan of WD40, it works, but your spraying to close to the brake disc IMHO, I use a window cleaner mix 50/50 with water in a small spray bottle, as it dries as a power (thumbs)
I would have both the wheels off the bike before you go, just to make sure everything comes apart as it should.
HD tubes in, and standards as spare, not a fan of 21 in the rear, as your only going to have to change it again :dry: back to a 18, I just carry a 21'' and 18'' (thumbs)
I opt for a small double action bike pump, easy lightweight and no need for a power supply (thumbs)
Just remember if your struggling, your doing something wrong (thumbs)
thebiggestjolly

Post by thebiggestjolly »

Thanks everyone for your replies, I must've turned off notifications so apologies for late reply.
Always interesting to get a cross section of opinions, I think I need to get on youtube and get practising!
Cheers all
Jolly
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Been reading this thread with interest and have a question, if you take the special trip out of the equation do you all carry full tyre changing tools, pump, spare tubs etc all the time or not and if the unfortunent event happenens do you call your friendly roadside assistance
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Personally my kit stays in full time...I ride a tube type tyre.
I can fix a puncture quicker than a tow truck will arrive and take the moto to a motoshop for them to do it.
Don't forget public holidays/Sundays etc and such like, could delay it even further.
As an aside this might assist in the future.
85-how-to/536140-tips-for-changing-tyre ... -tube.html
:)
Will It Buff Out?
Big Yellow Tractor

Post by Big Yellow Tractor »

netsonic wrote:Been reading this thread with interest and have a question, if you take the special trip out of the equation do you all carry full tyre changing tools, pump, spare tubs etc all the time or not and if the unfortunent event happenens do you call your friendly roadside assistance
I carry minimum of cheap, thin 21" tube, levers and bike pump when trail-riding locally. On long trips I carry spare HD 18 and 21" tubes plus puncture repair kit. This is what I and a few mates use

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281311030823? ... 1436.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281247271971? ... 1436.l2649

As one of the other posters said. Replace tube then fix the other as a spare. We've gone years without a puncture but in a group, have had as many of three in a day.
bowber

Post by bowber »

I usually carry puncture repair stuff all the time, I haven't had many punctures but it's a pain when you do and then to not have the ability to repair it easily would be a pain as it's me that would be repairing it anyway.
Steve

Return to “ACCESSORIES”