Zumo sat nav mount

The essential art of farkling.
Trev

Zumo sat nav mount

Post by Trev »

I'm looking for a mount that will allow me to use the cross bar in the screen of my CRF1000 Africe Twin without having to use a ball mount. Really only needs to be a U bar mount into the Garmin holder itself, before I have a go at making something up, has anyone found a solution to this already that I can shamelessly blag? (thumbs)
Oop North John

Re: Zumo sat nav mount

Post by Oop North John »

diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Trev wrote:I'm looking for a mount that will allow me to use the cross bar in the screen of my CRF1000 Africe Twin without having to use a ball mount. Really only needs to be a U bar mount into the Garmin holder itself, before I have a go at making something up, has anyone found a solution to this already that I can shamelessly blag? (thumbs)
Just buy 4 plastic pipe clamps of eBay , rectangular piece of aluminium , drill and bolt the Ali to the clamps using the pinch bolts , then mount the garmin bracket just above the clamp bolts , easy
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Take 2 pieces of flat aluminium bar, clamp together then drill/tap 2/4 holes and bolt them together, countersink the holes if reqd. Then drill a hole through the centre between the 2 pieces until the hole is the same size as the the cross bar. Then drill/tap holes in 1 half suitable for the zumo mount, split the pieces and rub down any burrs with a file and emery cloth.
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

PMd you Trev

Return to “ACCESSORIES”