Peli case

The essential art of farkling.
PaulinBont

Peli case

Post by PaulinBont »

Any idea how to fix a smallish Peli case to a flat plastic rear rack without drilling holes in the bottom of the case. Ideally needs to be quickly detachable. Thanks in advance!
FAT MATT

Re: Peli case

Post by FAT MATT »

Without drilling it you'd need to fabricate some kind of cage that clamps over it maybe?
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Two F$%k off huge electro magnets.so when you switch off bike the magnets release :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :woohoo: :evil:

How about something like this
http://www.romark.co.uk/products.aspx?m ... Case_Clips

you would still need to drill holes, just use a silicone sealant when mounting the brackets. you would probably need a minimum of four.
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

I fitted mine using P Clips and large repair washers and drilled holes. No issues whatsoever with any water ingress. Just use a bit of silicone as well
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Fabricate some ratchet straps of some sort or maybe netting,it really depends if you need to access the case?
Would be better with some images and rough dimensions.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Some industrial size Velcro (thumbs)
macdee

Post by macdee »

You can get bolts that have about a 45mm round flat head
Glue these to the box with tec7 or ct1
No holes and will stick like shite to a blanket
sledgegreen

Post by sledgegreen »

Bolt a biggish Peli case to the rack, then put the smallish Peli case inside the biggish Peli case?

There is an American company which sells kit to convert Peli case to fit on Givi racks, but they seem to be a bit pricey:

http://cariboucases.com/caribou-diy-sid ... e-kit.html

Fitting them also involves drilling holes.

Most Peli cases that I have seen (except the really small ones) have sort of buttresses on them - on one side, they flank the hinges and on the other they flank the catches. Could you drill holes through these, then thread paracord or bungee line through the holes and use that to mount them?
Uncle Buck

Post by Uncle Buck »

I'd do an aluminium tray with sides so the peli case sits snugly inside then a couple of straps over the top. You could notch out the sides of the aluminium tray to put the straps through. The sides of the aluminium tray can come up quite high and still allow you to undo the straps and open the case.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Hi, if you look at my post with Pelicans for sale you can see a picture of the locks and mushrooms that Q plate fitted to them to fit them to pannier rails. I then made an aluminium plate that fitted to the rear rack on the CCM to use one as a pannier. I can post a photo if you want.
Cheers Jak

Return to “ACCESSORIES”