Help please, re handlebar risers.

The essential art of farkling.
moto al

Help please, re handlebar risers.

Post by moto al »

Hi chaps, can anyone tell me ,will fitting handlebar risers to my bike , help relieving a disc pain at the top of my back , due to changing your posture .. My problem go,s back over 30 yrs due too driving a Morgan car, they are a osteopaths dream .Al
moto al
herman

Re: Help please, re handlebar risers.

Post by herman »

Quite possibly but get the adjustable ones. I few years ago I set a KTM up for myself and took the measurements of pegs,seat,bars,etc and try to replicate them on subsequent bikes if possible. This was for racing but same theory.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
moto al

Post by moto al »

herman wrote:Quite possibly but get the adjustable ones. I few years ago I set a KTM up for myself and took the measurements of pegs,seat,bars,etc and try to replicate them on subsequent bikes if possible. This was for racing but same theory.
thanks Alan , which company would you suggest . Cheers Al (thumbs)
moto al
chrisjk

Post by chrisjk »

Also check that you steering is spot on. Any pull to one side with your hands off the bars will require correction while riding and this may be so small that you don't notice it - until you start hurting but are not sure why.
Maljones

Post by Maljones »

I have a recurring shoulder problem and use Rox risers those combined with a different seat work well for me but didn't happen overnight took a while fine tuning the setup. I think I also physically changed my posture and foot position which also helped a lot.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Al before you spend money on risers, just loosen the clamps and try rotating the bars forward a little, it can make a big difference.
Andy H

Post by Andy H »

Hi Al,
I have a set of risers (a Rox copy) that you could try if Mike's suggestion fails. Drop me a PM and I can post them to you.

Cheers

Andy
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

moto al wrote:
herman wrote:Quite possibly but get the adjustable ones. I few years ago I set a KTM up for myself and took the measurements of pegs,seat,bars,etc and try to replicate them on subsequent bikes if possible. This was for racing but same theory.
thanks Alan , which company would you suggest . Cheers Al (thumbs)
Try these Al. The same as Rox Risers but 1/3 of the price. Wox Wisers
RandG

Post by RandG »

Can't answer if it will cure your problem Al, but, I put a set of up and back risers on my S10 and it instantly cured the sore arse I was getting. I've since bought a GS and again, bought up and back risers, so much more comfortable (thumbs)
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Possible problem with Africa Twin if you send it too me I will sort out the positioning for free of charge, guarantee to have it back too you by end of year. :whistle:

I did have a similar problem and I rotated the handle bars back towards me more, meant I didn't have to lean so far forward and was able to have a slight bend at the elbow this really helped,no more problems with neck or pain between shoulder blades.
I did also try risers but they didn't help at all, in fact gave me too much bend at the elbow and gave me pains in wrist and forearms.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”