ActionCameras

The essential art of farkling.
Elle

ActionCameras

Post by Elle »

Any information on what has happened to this company?

Several months ago, I attempted to return a broken Drift HD but the PO said they couldn't find the office so sent it back to me (in NZ).

I made contact directly with Ross of ActionCameras who swore blind the address was correct & we agreed that rather than send it from NZ again (which cost me £40), it would wait until I returned to the UK to send it from a UK address.
However, now, I cannot make any contact with Ross or ActionCameras.
Any email to him is bounced back.
I have twice emailed their info@ address about the issue but have never received a reply.
If I try calling a phone number sent to me in the email when I purchased the Drift, the number just hangs up.
There is no phone number on their web site at all.

I used to recommend ActionCameras and the DRIFT but I will never again do this. Very poor service indeed.
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
fullerton

Re: ActionCameras

Post by fullerton »

hi elle,

try gopro they are just as bad, carnt do repairs but if i send my old unit back i will get 20%, i can get that by walking through the door

steve
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Incredible technology (software & hardware) - churned out for $10 by machines that cost millions - unserviceable @ any price.
No wonder they duck & dive when they get a fault.
It's a throw away world untill the materials run out!!!!
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Ali in Austria

Post by Ali in Austria »

Been a while since I had any dealings with www.actioncameras.co.uk. They used to be very good at dealing with returns etc. There web site is now a shadow of its former self.

It may be Ross has moved on to pastures new hence his email address bouncing.

They have a Facebook Page but nothing posted since May. I don't even get their emails anymore and my Account Login no longer works.

Their Facebook Page gives an address of 111 Power Road, W4 5PY London, United Kingdom but I seem to remember it was The Lightbox, 111 Power Road.

A quick Google brought up this for Drift Cameras

Headquarter:
Drift Innovation
G12 The Lightbox; 111 Power Rd.
London, W4 5PY
United Kingdom

Phone: +44 2031764812
Email: [email protected]
VAT ID: GB196255966

Is that what you've got?
Campagman

Post by Campagman »

Had a good response last month from [email protected] when after a new mount to replace broken one
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

elle have a look around online there a few indys who might take a look but most are go pro, if you carnt fix it sell it on to these guys for parts

steve
Elle

Post by Elle »

Interestingly, I sent an email to driftinnovation & they have replied suggesting they will take back the camera. However the address they gave is exactly the same as I had for ActionCameras.
I guess they have reformed the company and can only assume Ross has left.
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way

Return to “ACCESSORIES”