The must have accessory

The essential art of farkling.
Alun

The must have accessory

Post by Alun »

Okay, so you've bought the bike, what's the first accessory you buy to start making it 'yours'?

One look in the Davies garage and there's little doubt what happens to a stock bike when I get my hands on it...a new screen. The one thing I've bought for all three bikes I currently own is an after market screen to cut out the horrific buffeting that comes with a Triumph.

Second thing...heated grips.
Lolo

Re:The must have accessory

Post by Lolo »

Hi

I bought a luggage plate to go where the pillion seat is. I figured know one in their right mind would want to ride on the back so took it off. Its much easier to pack now and I know Im not damaging the seat or paintwork with nets etc rubbing on it.:)

I also bought Brake and clutch fluid covers (being girly!!!) but they lasted one ride on the motorway before blowing off :S
africajim

Post by africajim »

First must have for an adventure bike has to be crash bars! I'll confess to having dropped a few over the years and have been grateful for crashbars on a couple of occasions!
Honda, the power of dreams.
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

Different screen
Crash bars
and my Sheepskin seat cover
allthough what gets the most use is the Power socket
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

:)
desmo666

Post by desmo666 »

an old sheepskin draped over the seat, great for comfort on the bike and a companion off it ;)
africajim

Post by africajim »

Ha ha! I have an old sheep on the seat of my Varadero as well,,, sorry,,, sheep-skin! It does give a bit of comfort and makes a great rug for the porch of the tent!
Power sockets are a must as well for the sat nav, phone charger intercom charger (Scala) and air pump for the airbed!

LWR, that alloy bash plate you've got on your Alp will be more than bling in the forest next month mate! It'll be donging like a church bell! Ha ha!
Honda, the power of dreams.
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

:)
davsato

Post by davsato »

varadero, pretty good out the box but ive put 2 power sockets on it, strengthened the topbox mount, heated grips, extra tie downs, a decent horn, an accessory fuse box for it all.
wish you could split the seat like a GS, that would be handy. thought about a wider screen and crash bars but im happy with it
Dave
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

I've got hold of an old dero seat to see if I can convert the passenger bit to a luggage rack. Winter project, no time at the mo.
I know the foam is two parts so it shouldn't take too long just need to strengthen or support the riders seat.
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Return to “ACCESSORIES”