Solar charger

The essential art of farkling.
Lairyskippy

Solar charger

Post by Lairyskippy »

Can anyone recommend one, it'll be for the IPhone and needs to be small enough to be strapped on the bike ( obviously, I guess?)
Cheers!
Brenhden

Re: Solar charger

Post by Brenhden »

I have a Freeloader Pico and its not much good. The theory behind it is that the solar panel charges a battery and then that battery charges your phone later. The battery maybe does 30% charge for me Galaxy S3. I guess if you connected it to your phone and left it in the sun all day then it might be better but really if you have a 12v lighter socket on your bike you can just charge your phone that way loads quicker.

If a decent one exists I hope this thread finds it so I can buy one.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Freeloader pico is crap mine doesn`t even work now :angry:
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

I use the power monkey extreme. It is a dual charger in that it is both battery and solar. A full battery will charge my Galaxy S2 6 times and the solar bit works well enough on its own but it is not as quick to charge as the battery. They can be used as separates or in series.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

dubber68 wrote:I use the power monkey extreme. It is a dual charger in that it is both battery and solar. A full battery will charge my Galaxy S2 6 times and the solar bit works well enough on its own but it is not as quick to charge as the battery. They can be used as separates or in series.
so thats what was hanging off your tent :)
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Yep just topped the battery up everyday and charged the phone at night. Never lost more than a quarter of the charge even when charging two things at the same time.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

dubber68 wrote:Yep just topped the battery up everyday and charged the phone at night. Never lost more than a quarter of the charge even when charging two things at the same time.
want one :lol:
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

I just charge the phone off the bike. Add a socket and use a 12v phone charger and i use the socket for electric pump
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Cheers folks, seems the solar chargers ain't all they're cracked up to be. I've got a 12v socket already on the bike but was thinking about a back up.

Don't think I'll bother now
Banzai

Post by Banzai »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261211816351? ... 1497.l2649

Is this of any use? got it for back up and for use as an external power supply for my helmet cam.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”