Tenere seat

The essential art of farkling.
desertraider

Tenere seat

Post by desertraider »

ive allways hated the seats on both the tenere 660z ive owned so with this one ive had it modded by saddlecraft in south shields , they have done a great job on it, re-shaped and fitted a gel section into it and recovered it for £145 , ive been out and about did around 30 or so miles as a quick tester and its loads better

www.saddlecraft.com
Barcelona Pat

Re: Tenere seat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Looks good that. How do you find the extra hight?
MORT 666

Post by MORT 666 »

Where are you hiding the step ladder.? :whistle:
desertraider

Post by desertraider »

No probs with height at all , iam around 6 ft 18st think the extra pounds help lol they have put in a hole section of gel in for comfort , but the best bit is i can slide back over on the seat without the hump stopping me
Phil

Post by Phil »

desertraider wrote:No probs with height at all , iam around 6 ft 18st think the extra pounds help lol they have put in a hole section of gel in for comfort , but the best bit is i can slide back over on the seat without the hump stopping me
Is that road riding?
BIG BILL

Post by BIG BILL »

I have used saddlecraft for my Classics and a gel infill on me Tiger 955i I had.
I can't praise them enough, they are the best in the business..

BB
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the Bl**dy thing ( Barry Sheene )
Your along time dead..
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

sure its comfy but does no one find it ugly ? i will probably regret that when my rrrs is louping on my first wee holiday trip

Post by Guest »

Im same height etc, i like the look of it and am thinking of doing something similar; can you still get your feet flat on the ground?
Wide

Post by Wide »

I too have recently aquired a Ten 660 and the only minus point is the seat... but I would never get that done flat or not... sorry. But it looks like a giant slug has attacked your bike. Although I dont mean to offend of course, but its F in disgusting :whistle:
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

desretraider - can I ask where you are and might it be possible to drop by sometime to have a sit on your bike? I have exactly the same bike (even colour!) and would like to have the same thing done to my seat - I'm 'getting-on' and incrasingly need the longest 'leg extension' I can get, for long-distance riding. I've already got the wider/lower pegs from Motech, which help, but would really like a bit more + the ability to slide baxk more easily, but being 5'10'' I'm a bit concerned that the seat conversion might be a step too far - hence asking you for a sit on yours. I don't have a problem on the road at all, but suspect it'll make the off-roading a little more difficult, but there's no way of telling what the extra height 'feels' like unless you sit on a bike that's had it done.
I'm guessing that if you used Saddle Craft you're maybe in the North East? I'm near Morpeth (but also spend time in Germany - where I am at the moment) and could maybe pop over when I'm next over? No worries if not, just thought I'd ask.
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:

Return to “ACCESSORIES”