Speed Camera/Gun Detector

The essential art of farkling.
Hugh

Re: Speed Camera/Gun Detector

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

In a previous occupation I was often asked which accessories or model would I buy?

For me, adaptive cruise control had to be at the top of the list, followed by all around parking sensors. I often use cruise control and speed limiter when travelling around areas that I don't know.

As to "over ride" too late, your car and probably motorcycle has already recorded your speed and position.

TTFN

Hugh.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:52 pm That article is incredibly confused and full of contradictions. Introduced in three years time in 2022?

What the system appears to be is a switchable, over-rideable warning that a speed limit is being broken.

I've driven a Mercedes-Benz truck with the system in place. It relies on mapping, and the visual recognition of speed limit signs.

I wonder if it will understand that the uk is mph and the rest of Europe is km/h?

Will it understand temporary/variable speed limits?

Will it be a defence in law to say 'my car has a device that prevents it from speeding and it was active at the time, m'lud' ?

If not, then what's the point of it?
My understanding is that all new cars from 2022 will have the system fitted but the driver will be able to disable it, however when you turn the car off it defaults to enable the system so you then have to disable it again.
All new models from 2024 will have the system fitted which cannot be disabled. It's all a gradual progression to driverless cars to remove the most unstable thing on the roads ie. the driver/rider.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Take me back to a set of points and a rotor arm broken down next to a phone box that played “dial a disc” all for the princely sum of 10p any day. Hard core you know the score!:))
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Helicoptermanr22 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:32 pm Take me back to a set of points and a rotor arm broken down next to a phone box that played “dial a disc” all for the princely sum of 10p any day. Hard core you know the score!:))
Do those rose tinted spectacles have prescription lenses ;) :lol:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

There is an incredible safety hazard here as we all know(cruise controls do the same thing but enable you to accelerate to get out of danger). However, surely even the cheapest sat navs recognise speed limits and compare against your own road speed and generally turn your speed display red as a warning. Simply installing satnavs on all new cars(or the actual software without a screen), and linking in an audible warning and a nice flashing light will do the job.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Tonibe63 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:40 am
Helicoptermanr22 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:32 pm Take me back to a set of points and a rotor arm broken down next to a phone box that played “dial a disc” all for the princely sum of 10p any day. Hard core you know the score!:))
Do those rose tinted spectacles have prescription lenses ;) :lol:
:lol: :lol: How fuck*ng bazarre was that eh? Of course I remember slotting coins into red telephone kiosks, but the idea of standing there in a metal box stinking of piss to listen to the Top 40 is so absurd it's laughable. I suppose someone did!

There are some fun videos of young kids today being presented with analogue phones and struggling to work out how to make a call. But there is no way I would return to the old days of walking miles to find a smashed up non-functioning telephone box covered in prostitute calling cards.
one-two-three-four

Post by one-two-three-four »

I have one of these for sale as a warning system, recently updated - and all complete, you can just have the coloured LED on the dash as a warning. http://map.inforad.net/prodinfo_en.php?pn=im
If the OP would like it £25 delivered to standard UK postcodes.
20210831_081558.jpg
20210831_081558.jpg (164.54 KiB) Viewed 2288 times
20210831_081621.jpg
20210831_081621.jpg (186.25 KiB) Viewed 2288 times
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

daveuprite wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:09 pm
But there is no way I would return to the old days of walking miles to find a smashed up non-functioning telephone box covered in prostitute calling cards.
All well and good, however where do you go now to see the 'ho cards?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

A friend is asking if you remember any of the numbers :P
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I don't know where you go to see the cards, but I did once get an email saying thousands of women wanted sex in Camelford!

Return to “ACCESSORIES”