Nice to see the police on the side of the criminal again

The Things We Ride
Richard Simpson Mark II

Nice to see the police on the side of the criminal again

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

https://metro.co.uk/2023/03/15/mum-jail ... -18444770/

In the officers' comments, not a word to discourage motorcycle thieves.

And the police wonder why people have no faith in them.
garyboy

Re: Nice to see the police on the side of the criminal again

Post by garyboy »

The police have to protect their employment assets.

Isn't there a country, Brazil?, that encourages the public to run down bike thieves?

.. just googled it .. been disclaimed ... but uk cops were running down bike criminals, come to think of it ... is that still happening?
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

To be honest the police are correct.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

20 odd minutes to tell what we already knew .. why does that 'expert' take so long talking??

I think we all know that our judicial system is corrupt, and dolesout ridiculous sentences .. but the cps is also corrupt as it follows government and legal guidelines as to what percentage and quantity of cases are prosecuted. This can be based on availability of prison places, cost to the public, and the views of the political governance. For example, under starmer and other cpss, pedos, women abusers, rapists, burglars etc, were given lenience and often did not even come to court.

This is more 'cost effective ' and leaves us law-abiding citizens with a sense of helplessness and unworthiness, which of course, subdues us of any feelings of power and rights.

Recent met police cases are beginning to turn the tide, however, as public awareness improves.

People who steal bikes (especially) are Oulaws, and should be treated as outside any law. The word 'reasonable ' as in reasonable force .. needs to be upgraded. Just my irrelevant opinion.

PS .. the police, tbf, are constrained by their operational instructions.. and their police 'culture'.
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

The woman killed someone, whether it was pre-determined or accident, she was found to be guilty of manslaughter.
Now we know it's not right to steal others property but imagine if that thief was mine or your son, you wouldn't want him to be dead would you?
No, you'd want justice and if he was still living you'd expect him to be charged in relation to his other crimes and his killer got what she deserved.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I thought she was found guilty of causing death by (dangerous?) driving. That is nowhere near manslaughter?

O .. and should son get off with a slap on the wrist .. and continue doing it?

Bring back hanging for motorcycle theft !! :mrgreen:
Billy Bananahead

garyboy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:45 pm I thought she was found guilty of causing death by (dangerous?) driving. That is nowhere near manslaughter?
Manslaughter mate.
I didn't say anything about a slap on the wrist, i said if he was your son you wouldn't want him dead.
Yeah, bring back hanging for any sort of theft, that would stop 90% of it for sure. :lol:
gbags

Post by gbags »

She sounds like a bloody maniac.

I’d like to kick the thief in the fork but kill him? And what about the normal folk on the street, your kids or mine while she’s haring round, angry at 80 mph?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Billy Bananahead wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:30 pm
garyboy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:45 pm I thought she was found guilty of causing death by (dangerous?) driving. That is nowhere near manslaughter?
Manslaughter mate.
I didn't say anything about a slap on the wrist, i said if he was your son you wouldn't want him dead.
Yeah, bring back hanging for any sort of theft, that would stop 90% of it for sure. :lol:

O .. I am getting the 2 cases mixed up.
Anyway .. I think bike thieves should be rounded up, in nines, and used as human skittles, mad max yoiks, then used as fertiliser.. something useful .. maybe then used to offset putns war.

I haven't got a son, but I would employ him as a bowls coach, as punishment, to understand wots wot.
Billy Bananahead

Return to “BIKES”