got the balls to buy one anyone?

The Things We Ride
Ksithumper

Re: got the balls to buy one anyone?

Post by Ksithumper »

Not sure I would buy a Chinese bike over the AJP PR7...
dave h

Post by dave h »

Dave.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Well, it certainly goes round in circles well 🤪
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
dave h

Post by dave h »

its the joy of it that gets me ,

Dave.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Ksithumper wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:28 am Not sure I would buy a Chinese bike over the AJP PR7...

Would you prefer to buy a smartphone made in Portugal or China?
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
dave h

Post by dave h »

dave.
dave h

Post by dave h »

just to keep the ballance ,

https://fb.watch/jVogiVHTXR/

dave.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Its not really a balance---on cost and skill!!. The point being that the Honda 250 and 300 rally models have been a great success as they are priced for the average person and also the average rider. The Kove is definitely a cut above the Rally on performance, but at not that much more in terms of price.
dave h

Post by dave h »

So far in Sonora……..
#Sonorarally2023
#suspension Team Kove team riders Sunier and Neels pro tuned suspension have been stuck in customs. So they’ve had no choice but to run the stock suspension! It is unfortunate for them, I’m sure they would have preferred to have the race tuned suspension. Sunier is at most 130lbs, and Mike Johnson is 200lbs. Neels is about 200lbs. Makes for a interesting test! (Not planned)
Sunier, rides out with a smile and comes back with a smile, the dude has got skills and is just smooth!! He’s a pro level rider and it shows! We speak the same “motorcycle language” it’s been a lot of fun to talk with him.
Neels discussed about how it is under sprung for his pro level but it is surprisingly better than expected. Normally he is about two spring sizes increased from stock. (I forget the numbers he told me but I’ll post it later) However he is still running on pace and doing very well with the stock suspension! He’s in the top 20 and Sunier is on his tail. They are moving!!
Mike Johnson knows his stuff and is very impressed with how it handles. He’s fast and has been on the podium in Sonora before. A clutch set up mistake (my mistake on a test pack clutch measurement) cost him some time on stage 2 dealing with slipping clutch for part of the day. I think he’s currently 6th in is class. Today, stage 3 It was back to the 100% stock clutch, the sand all day was a good test and it came back working great!! The clutch held up great and he made up some time and feeling good and looking forward to stage 4. He mentioned he’s feels really comfortable on the bike and loves it!
Things haven’t gone ideal and we’ve had to deal with a fuel flow issue from the back tank to the front tank that cost a little time but we have it sorted out now.
Overall not bad so far for a last minute, new out of the crate 100% stock bikes set up last week! (except tires, bibs, and a two aftermarkt racing clutch fibers)
Hopefully stage 4 goes well. It’s awesome to have the factory guys from China along with the French team. It definitely makes for a lot of interesting conversations and problem solving, everyone is very knowledgeable and helpful. Having a two time dakar winner as the team manager definitely brings sone knowledge which 100% is influential into the development of improvements to the Kove bike. These guys are definitely very knowledgeable and good at what they do. A lot of very positive things going on. The bikes are legit!!
Sunier, Neels and Johnson are great riders and real good guys! The bikes are definitely being tested and doing very well! A lot of good people involved!

Dave.
dave h

Post by dave h »

Return to “BIKES”