Why did you sell your last bike?

The Things We Ride
SteveWat

Why did you sell your last bike?

Post by SteveWat »

Just wondering……
Me, I’ve just not had the time or really the inclination to do much riding over the last year.
I’m neck-deep into a new business project, so selling my T700 helped out with funds.
I sold my Himalayan about 18 months ago…..shame really, I think they are fantastic in isolation, but I find them lacking by at least 15bhp when you travel on faster UK/European roads. I could plod along all day on one, but I’d have a procession of Audis and BMW cars pushing to overtake me. On less busy roads they are very relaxing.
I’ve still got my trusty ‘04 XR250R which hopefully will get a few days out in the new year.
Perhaps some folk have been adding to their fleet?
redbikejohn

Re: Why did you sell your last bike?

Post by redbikejohn »

Last bike I sold was a ducati 916. Could not behave on it. Too easy to do 90mph on small b roads and used to love wheelies and baiting other faster bikes to race. Was all good until the prolification of speed cameras and my local routes seeming to have police cars on every ride! Began racing enduro so sold it for adventure bike. Got 3k for it with 27k on the clock, and wish I sill had it cos prices are mad now. I tend to not sell once I have it ...... hence I have zero room left. Even one bike in loft and another in a mates garage.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Why did I sell my last bike?

I've sold several for space and because they've been made redundant by new bikes. However the last was sold to raise funds for a house to call my own. My Honda Rally which replaced my DR650SE. I don't miss the Rally as it lacked charm and it wouldn't fit in my new storage. I do miss it's reliability though.

I really miss the DR650 and the DR350. I curse that I sold that 350. It was ace.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

ive done somthing that ive never ever done before
ive literally had dozens over the years and its always been a case of trying somthing new /different ..

i found a bike i liked so much that i decided to sell the older one and bought another ..iv had lots of big bangers gses stroms xts t7 klrs cbs cbrs zzrs xlvs and test rode a lot of bikes this last year some of em with 60 more horse power and costing 4 5 6 7 and eight grand more .....and somhow as solo road tourer the mighty 650versys was the one i honestly liked the most ....took the money and ran :mrgreen:

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
veracocha

Post by veracocha »

I sold my 22 plate 125 a month ago and replaced it with a 72 plate 650 because I passed my test ( a week ago)
soho

Post by soho »

ULEZ - Non compliant, now I wish I hadn't.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

soho wrote:ULEZ - Non compliant, now I wish I hadn't.
I sold a T700 in autumn 2020, bought it back 1 month later realising I had made a mistake
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I stupidly sold my Suzuki DR350 to make way for a Husky TE610E, which I thought could replace it and my Aprilia Pegaso 650.

I gratefully sold my TE610E, because it was rubbish.

I regretfully traded my Pegaso because parts back-up for it disappeared when Aprilia got taken over by Piagio.

I sold my CCM 404 DS because parts were going to be a problem and the airbox design was poor, and it needed a six-speed box to do what I wanted it to do.

I sold my KTM 525 EXC because I didn't really get on with it; it was a bit too 'busy' even after I'd sorted the suspension out. Strange, as I'd previously ridden one many years ago and loved it, but I subsequently rode another after I'd sold mine and didn't like it!

I sold my GasGas Pampera to make way for a slightly more civilised Beta X-Trainer.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I sold my 115bhp Yamaha Tracer 900 because of the unfixable wind blast which is a very regular complaint from Tracer owners and secondly because of the lack of top end 'shove'.

I changed it for a 150bhp Suzuki GSX-S1000F. I've said it before but a good way of describing the difference between the two bikes is to compare them with our four-legged friends - the Tracer was like an excitable, snappy spaniel whereas the GSX-S is like a docile, growling rottweiler.

To be honest, the triple engine in the Tracer is a peach but the in-line four engine of the GSX-S is better, in my opinion. It's basically the same engine that was in the legendary K5 GSX-R1000 all those years ago but in a different state of tune for more mid range and less top end. The suspension is also light years better than the Tracer as well but that wasn't a contributing factor to my decision.

p.s....I've got a selection of screens available for a mark 2 Tracer 900, if anyone is looking to buy a replacement?. ... :oops:
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
illmor

Post by illmor »

Sold my Suzuki RF900 after 5yrs , as i wanted more comfortable machine. Bought Honda CBF1000. Sold Honda after 8yrs, as i was doing less than 1000km/year in last 3yrs. Bought 2007 versys 650. Got my biking mojo back :-). Since March, i've done more kms, than in last 3yrs on a Honda. I don't see myself on a 1cyl machine, but never say never...

Wysłane z mojego RMX2155 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited by illmor on Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “BIKES”