Post by dodursley »

Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: NEW Honda XL750 Transalp LAUNCHED

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Is that the real price you will pay???
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:Is that the real price you will pay???
I heard it would be around that price

The Hornet is £6995 - so £1000 more seems sensible
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

8 grand is a very sharp price point ..i guess thaey will make the pips sueal a bit with the addons ..the wjite one with purple is a bit 80s shell siut for me but the grey and red looks abit more grown up .. doesnt amtter the graphocs boys will be on overtime right now i think ..looks like a winner at 8 grand no doubt
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

minkyhead wrote:8 grand is a very sharp price point ..i guess thaey will make the pips sueal a bit with the addons ..the wjite one with purple is a bit 80s shell siut for me but the grey and red looks abit more grown up .. doesnt amtter the graphocs boys will be on overtime right now i think ..looks like a winner at 8 grand no doubt
Do you fancy one Minky?

With money we don't have

PDiddy

Post by PDiddy »

A mid to high level exhaust and tubeless wheels would have made this more interesting.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

johnnyboxer wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:03 am
minkyhead wrote:8 grand is a very sharp price point ..i guess thaey will make the pips sueal a bit with the addons ..the wjite one with purple is a bit 80s shell siut for me but the grey and red looks abit more grown up .. doesnt amtter the graphocs boys will be on overtime right now i think ..looks like a winner at 8 grand no doubt
Do you fancy one Minky?
tbo no .reality is that they are just too heavy for me and when i meet up with lads theres very few on anything bigger thana 450 a few of the lads from the big bike club come along and there are a couple of exceptionally good riders that show what these big bangers will do ..truth be told im much happier on me little 300 ..still think the t7 has it soundly beaten on looks but 8 grand 90hp there will be a long waiting list
had a go on the toureg a couple of months ago and it was pretty impressive ..was tempted but had a word with meself ..
its nice somtimes just to tour without the comprimise of shit 50/50 tyres and 21inch front wheels ..a 17in front and a decent tyre has its advantages too ......
tbo i keep trying stuff trying to convince meself i want another big banger ive test ridden at least 6 this year ..so far the odds are heavily stacked on another old school kwickasfuki
maby ride in the new year ? braaaap
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

minkyhead wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:03 am
Do you fancy one Minky?
tbo no .reality is that they are just too heavy for me and when i meet up with lads theres very few on anything bigger thana 450 a few of the lads from the big bike club come along and there are a couple of exceptionally good riders that show what these big bangers will do ..truth be told im much happier on me little 300 ..still think the t7 has it soundly beaten on looks but 8 grand 90hp there will be a long waiting list
had a go on the toureg a couple of months ago and it was pretty impressive ..was tempted but had a word with meself ..
its nice somtimes just to tour without the comprimise of shit 50/50 tyres and 21inch front wheels ..a 17in front and a decent tyre has its advantages too ......
tbo i keep trying stuff trying to convince meself i want another big banger ive test ridden at least 6 this year ..so far the odds are heavily stacked on another old school kwickasfuki
maby ride in the new year ? braaaap
Thought you might fancy it over your Versys?

We’ll have to do another Braaap next year
Enjoyed the last one

With money we don't have

Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

It's not a bike for me...but I reckon 8K is a very good price for it, compared to it's bigger brother Africa Twin which is 14.5k.
Different bikes of course but also a big difference in price so maybe it will pinch a few sales...
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone

Return to “BIKES”