Recommendations & Measurement Help Please

The Things We Ride
bikenav

Re: Recommendations & Measurement Help Please

Post by bikenav »

I have a 17plate 250 rally bar width which is the widest part is 840mm, but the bars are aftermarket renthals with caphead bolts holding on the hand guards adding a little width too. Bike choice- we all have different expectations from a bike and use for it, I myself would not consider a CRF 250 unless I needed the trail ability of it, for a plodding tarmac odd gravel bit bike not sure, the CRF is not light with the most ridiculously bad suspension for any purpose. Versys 300, a scooter? not really my class of bike. Pic Jurrasic coast a couple of weeks ago.
IMG_20220929_184524.jpg
IMG_20220929_184524.jpg (79.63 KiB) Viewed 583 times
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice. I'll ponder on it and, hopefully, report back when I find my solution.
Just seen some of those kerb ramps in the flesh and I think they'll be ideal for the steps up, as each individual ramp is around 30cms wide and I can get them in packs, to use one per step. That should make the moving a bike up much easier, just riding the clutch whilst walking alongside (which I've done hundreds of times getting bikes into my van with a bike ramp).
The issue is now only likely to be getting it through the 90cms wide 'tunnel' at the side of the house, from front to back, but it would seem that I won't be restricted to just 125's as weight shouldn't now be so much of a problem.
Thanks again.
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Beta alp would be good choice and you can cut the bars down , a lot of trials bikes have cut bars to get through tight sections in the trees , I cut 50mm of right hand bar on my trials outfit.

Return to “BIKES”