Going from BMW to Honda

The Things We Ride
Tonylancs76

Going from BMW to Honda

Post by Tonylancs76 »

Afternoon All,

Long time lurker on here but as I am now looking forward to relishing the new freedoms in this post Covid world we will be living in I have decided to grab the biking world by the balls and get out there on more adventures! and maybe be a bit more active on the numerous forums i am hiding away on! :D

I have just made the decision to move away from my 2019 BMW GSA in favour of an Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT model, if truth be told I loved the BMW and I can see me owning one again in the future, but over the last few months I have found myself getting off after a ride and not having a big grin on my face, its a shame as the bike does everything I could ask of it, although the weight can be an issue, but I just wasn't enjoying riding it.

So I decided to test ride the Africa Twin Adventure Sports with the DCT and I have to say I fell in love with it straight away, took me about 5 minutes to stop reaching for the clutch lever and I found I was just enjoying riding the bike, not having to worry about gear changes made everything a lot more relaxing, weird I know, then there was the sound of the engine, again the BMW sounds nice and all but the character from the ATAS just had me grinning from ear to ear and I was enjoying riding again, was only an hour and a half test ride but it was fun which is what its all about for me.

I will hopefully be collecting it this Saturday just waiting for the various bits and pieces I am having fitted to it to arrive and be done and then its onwards and upwards! Got a few days away in the Lakes booked in early March just for hopefully doing the break in miles so I can get it in for its first service as soon as possible and be ready for the year ahead.

I may put some photos up once I have taken possession, I say may as its not me being shy but the fact that me and technology dont quite get along and the pics would undoubtedly be upside down or something.

Anyway I will shut up for now,

Cheers,

Tony
Scott_rider

Re: Going from BMW to Honda

Post by Scott_rider »

8-)
That itch of knowing that a bike does everything you want it to do but for some irrational reason it just doesn't 'float your boat' is a difficult one not to scratch.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

What’s this ‘May’ put photos up?? :o

We like photos, we want photos, especially when it’s new bike time.

Enjoy the Honda :D
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Hi Tony

Come from a GS1250 to the 2022 1100 L, much better rider DCT updates that Honda have done.
Its sooooperb!:))
Loads of rider settings so any questions just ask!
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

abr funny.png
abr funny.png (39.27 KiB) Viewed 1933 times
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

And it has cruise control. I want one. :D
Champagne taste on beer budget.
robford7

Post by robford7 »

I was exactly the same with my R1200GS. It was hard to fault it but after a couple of years I just didn’t get the same enjoyment from riding it. When I tested the AT Adventure Sports I was suddenly reminded how fun bikes can be! I’ve am had my AT a couple of years now and could list a fair few points where the BMW is better. But I still grin like an idiot every time I jump on the AT and wouldn’t go back to a GS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “BIKES”