crf250 Rally

The Things We Ride
Brenhden

Re: crf250 Rally

Post by Brenhden »

adventure steele wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:00 pm Hows everyone getting on with the plastics on the 250 and 300 rally after a few drops?

My dad might be fancying going the Honda route and just weighing up between the 300 Rally and 300L
I dropped mine a lot, on rocks a few time. While the rear was often protect by soft luggage nothing ever broke, cracked, or snapped.

Cheers

Bren
Last edited by Brenhden on Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
adventure steele

Post by adventure steele »

Cheers everyone I'll pass the info along to dad :)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I forgot to mention, because we write so much here and other places, that either bike, being a budget bike, will need Modifications if you are anything above the weight of an average small light chinaman and deign to even remotely think of taking the CRFs off tarmac.

Suspension and tyres, then some go to gearing and clutch, and power, .. the list is endless, .. but you can guarantee that any sale will require an aftermarket modification that can be quite costly.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

sheesh .. I forgot about this thread .. and i have a light update.
Apparently, so I've been told, there is Nothing Wrong with my 250 Rally ??? juat the noise echoing off the plastics .. but I can deffo tell a difference in lower performance ands higher noise ,, though I admit it could just be my hearing?

Anyway, after months of gagging to get out on the Rally, ..
Image20230319_143454 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr

I eventually got a space in the weather and, not without trepidation, got her out to my local `easy` trail.
Image20220508_173145 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr

.. the last time i rode the trail, it was well washed out, with deep ruts, and huge stones, and mud, and nasty stuff like that. I admit i shited myself, as the suspension was drastically awful.. the front, no longer spongy and pogo-like as when bought, was now hard harsh and rock banging, following the extra front racetech spring, and rear 20mm lower.

I don't understand what the difference is to last time, but this time... the CRF Rally flowed like a dream. Perhaps it needs testing on harsher trails, I dunno, but my confidence and pleasure was aboundful lol. Can't wait to get out on it again as soon as weather improves.

negative... I did notice that the low speed was snatchy, more than before, and the injectors, I guess, may need cleaning, as low throttle was very jerky and inconsistent and variable. I got some Wynes cleaner, so will try that.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

If you suspect that the injector needs cleaning/servicing then I would not use any additive but have the injector serviced using a proprietary system such as ASNU. I have used the tester and sonic cleaner which provided accurate test results and in many cases actually improved performance. Not all injectors will respond fully so it might be worth comparing costs of a new injector as to just having one cleaned.

The following link should help guide you to a service centre in your locality;

https://www.asnu.com/service-centres

Our kit was supplied by Probike of Northampton, they too might be able to direct you to a local company which has the equipment;

https://probike.co.uk

TTFN

Hugh.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

thanks for the info, Hugh .. A little above me though :? :lol:
Took crf out today ... and realised that the `uneven revving` is due to the throttle being too tight, and activating at low revs for a brief moment. :roll: :D

Bike going well apart from that ... wondering what i thought all the fuss was about .. yes its a bit noisier and jerkier but its not been run for a year or so lol. Time to bed it in lol.

Image20230323_135532 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Image20220117_151714 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr

fat Oxford heated grips, and `adapted` hand guards ..
Image20220117_160159 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr

.. just SO excited, I had to write about it lol ..

The heated grips I have are far too thick for me .. yesterday they nearly slipped out of my terrified grip as i bambled over some rough rocks .. so i decided to bite the bullet (the one in my wallet) and look for some thinner ones. I guessed they would be expensive, as my honda heated grips for my NC750 cost £360 .. but Sportsbikeshop had some R+G for £35 :D .. so waiting a month for them ... I not sure if i can keep my excitement wee in for that long lol.

Also, (yes, there's More) .. I have ordered some Handguards.
The ones i have are a bodged conversion from a crf250X I had. .. plus added upright plastics. They work really well for keeping the wind and rain out, but they look a bit .. er .. old/bodged .. which they are, of course.
Price? .. £35 :D but from china in a month or two. But i can keep a big nappy on to save excitement embarrassment lol :D :oops:

I could have got them quicker but i wanted to save the extra £5 lol. :P
Last edited by garyboy on Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

where can i get some set-back footpegs ... as i can't stand up with the oem position?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Arrived .. much thinner 8-)
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

garyboy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:00 pm thanks for the info, Hugh .. A little above me though :? :lol:
Took crf out today ... and realised that the `uneven revving` is due to the throttle being too tight, and activating at low revs for a brief moment. :roll: :D

Bike going well apart from that ... wondering what i thought all the fuss was about .. yes its a bit noisier and jerkier but its not been run for a year or so lol. Time to bed it in lol.

Image20230323_135532 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr
I've just done a huge double take, have you hung a back pack over the tank or is that an enormous tank bag?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “BIKES”